CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Now my wife came from the orthodontist with my daughter. She summarized it as "her teeth are jacked" which was a pretty accurate summary. She needs a partial set of braces now, and will need a full set and probably palate expander when she gets a little older. Partial set will go in later this month, and is only $1,100 after insurance pays for half of it.

Between needing a new windshield and now this, this day got pretty expensive fast lol. Not how I expected today to go at all lol.
It sucks, but as long as you and the fam are healthy, everything is ok. You'll make more money, it's what you do.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Now my wife came from the orthodontist with my daughter. She summarized it as "her teeth are jacked" which was a pretty accurate summary. She needs a partial set of braces now, and will need a full set and probably palate expander when she gets a little older. Partial set will go in later this month, and is only $1,100 after insurance pays for half of it.

Between needing a new windshield and now this, this day got pretty expensive fast lol. Not how I expected today to go at all lol.
I had a palate spreader. I don't really remember it being painful, but it was a strange feeling when you had to widen it every night. When you start getting a giant gap in between your front teeth the teasing is fun. 99% of the comments were something like, you could kick a field goal between that, so it wasn't too bad. That was probably the most annoying part of it though.

Between braces and the palate spreader I don't have much roots left on my 2 front teeth. I was supposed to have something done about that, but never went back.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Will insurance not cover a new piece of glass for you?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

Had a day like that last week. I saw a mouse in my garage which is unacceptable so I spent a while figuring out where it got in, found a very small gap at the garage door frame so I sprayed some loctite insulation foam to seal it up. Well that shit expands a ton and adhered to the side of the garage door. It adheres very strong and when I opened the garage door, it held that side down while the other side went up. Garage door ripped out of the channels entirely. I wrestled with it trying to support the door and line it back up in the channels for over an hour but it wasn't happening. Had to call an emergency repair service, 2 hours and $600 later I was sorted out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Had a day like that last week. I saw a mouse in my garage which is unacceptable so I spent a while figuring out where it got in, found a very small gap at the garage door frame so I sprayed some loctite insulation foam to seal it up. Well that shit expands a ton and adhered to the side of the garage door. It adheres very strong and when I opened the garage door, it held that side down while the other side went up. Garage door ripped out of the channels entirely. I wrestled with it trying to support the door and line it back up in the channels for over an hour but it wasn't happening. Had to call an emergency repair service, 2 hours and $600 later I was sorted out.
All because of Mighty mouse.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
The joys of homeownership

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It sucks, but as long as you and the fam are healthy, everything is ok. You'll make more money, it's what you do.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. My wife and I are fortunate enough where when we're told "Ok, we're going to slap partial braces on your daughter in two weeks, that'll be $1,100" the reaction is "Damn, that sucks, but ok. Needs to be done.", and not "Oh fuck, how are we going to pay for that?". And I'd much rather start on this now when she's 7, and hopefully not have to be a kid in Jr High\High School who's self-conscious about her teeth.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Will insurance not cover a new piece of glass for you?

Technically yes. But I don't have a separate glass coverage, so it's my basic deductible of $750. So not worth it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Dude, don't get me started on rodents. We have a rat problem, which is luckily contained outside. There hasn't been a single sign of them inside. And it's a fucking shitty situation all around. Our neighbors on the side of us are peak white trash. Nice, friendly people. But trashy as fuck. They have a garbage pile on the side of their house, next to a section of fencing that borders our property.

1638470417707.png

Red is a fence, green is a garbage pile. Like, straight up garbage pile.

1638470542470.png

Just an example of it. That was how it was a year ago. They do get a dumpster and clear it out maybe twice a year. But it just comes back.

Anyway. Rodents. Of course that brought rats. Who migrated over to my property. They've burrowed under the stairs at the rear of my house, which are concrete. As well as burrowing underneath the platform my shed is on, and my A/C. For a while, I was using basic snap traps, and killing 10+ rats a week. But they wizened up and stopped going in them. But I can tell they're still there. Fill in their burrows, they'll re-dig them out.

And dude. They can fucking TUNNEL! I mean, straight up Shawshank Redemption style.

1638470827184.png

That blue section used to have some burrows. Dug them up. Behind that fence right there is where the A\C & shed are. They tunneled 10' feet, and came out there. I used my 6' borescope in that tunnel, and didn't even get close to the end.

I'd be willing to pay for an exterminator. But without the source being fixed (the neighbors), I doubt it's effectiveness. I've spoken to the neighbors (we're on "friendly" terms), and it just gets shrugged off "Yeah, heh. I need to get a dumpster again." I've reported it to the state, multiple times. They're just white trash.

So yes. The fucking joys of homeownership rofl.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Dude, don't get me started on rodents. We have a rat problem, which is luckily contained outside. There hasn't been a single sign of them inside. And it's a fucking shitty situation all around. Our neighbors on the side of us are peak white trash. Nice, friendly people. But trashy as fuck. They have a garbage pile on the side of their house, next to a section of fencing that borders our property.

View attachment 231845

View attachment 231847

Just an example of it. That was how it was a year ago. They do get a dumpster and clear it out maybe twice a year. But it just comes back.

Anyway. Rodents. Of course that brought rats. Who migrated over to my property. They've burrowed under the stairs at the rear of my house, which are concrete. As well as burrowing underneath the platform my shed is on, and my A/C. For a while, I was using basic snap traps, and killing 10+ rats a week. But they wizened up and stopped going in them. But I can tell they're still there. Fill in their burrows, they'll re-dig them out.

And dude. They can fucking TUNNEL! I mean, straight up Shawshank Redemption style.

View attachment 231848

That blue section used to have some burrows. Dug them up. Behind that fence right there is where the A\C & shed are. They tunneled 10' feet, and came out there. I used my 6' borescope in that tunnel, and didn't even get close to the end.

I'd be willing to pay for an exterminator. But without the source being fixed (the neighbors), I doubt it's effectiveness. I've spoken to the neighbors (we're on "friendly" terms), and it just gets shrugged off "Yeah, heh. I need to get a dumpster again." I've reported it to the state, multiple times. They're just white trash.

Dude, what the fuck? How is that acceptable? What did the state say? You're way too calm - I would have literally murdered someone.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
i've got chipmunks under my concrete stoop, they love to leave food deposits in my engine bays. i suspect they're also nesting a bit in my condo's crawlspace where the stoop would be, but i havent had time to get in there to take a look and lay new traps to address any new critters.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

View attachment 231845

View attachment 231847

View attachment 231848

get an outdoor cat or two

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah, don't get me wrong. My wife and I are fortunate enough where when we're told "Ok, we're going to slap partial braces on your daughter in two weeks, that'll be $1,100" the reaction is "Damn, that sucks, but ok. Needs to be done.", and not "Oh fuck, how are we going to pay for that?". And I'd much rather start on this now when she's 7, and hopefully not have to be a kid in Jr High\High School who's self-conscious about her teeth.

As a braces-haver between 7th and 10th grade... GOOD CALL

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Dude, what the fuck? How is that acceptable? What did the state say? You're way too calm - I would have literally murdered someone.

Nothing. You just submit a complaint online. Which was done multiple times. But what is going to happen? When I say these people are peak white trash, I don't think people understand lol. According to Zillow, the house was foreclosed on 18 months ago.

1638471692718.png

The electric company came to their door threating to shut off their power since they don't pay their electric bill (was walking the dog past the house at the right time when that happened).

What is the state\town going to do? Fine them? They don't give a fuck. For all I know, they did get fined. It would just go in the garbage. They don't pay shit.

Does the dog kill the rats?

Luckily no. He does try to hunt them down when I bring him out after dark. Can tell his nose is picking them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.