• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Jay said we could start up a General Off Topic Thread with some basic rules:

1. No Politics
2. Avoid Insults (although poking fun as friends is allowed)

This is because another thread was fun for a while has lost it's charm and we need a thread to chat/BS in

I'll start with a rant. If you are so lazy that you swap out a co-workers full tape gun for yours that is empty, when I catch you and ask "Do you know where we keep rolls of tape?" I suggest you lie and say "No I don't" instead of "Yes" because now not only do I think you are lazy I also have learned you are too stupid to come up with a story that doesn't make you seem like a lazy jerk.

Mud

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Let's talk about wagons since Acadia is here already.

Otherwise, pretty sure any significant amount of posts here will attract the kind of people who ruin things that are fun.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Love wagons 🥰

Mine is broken tho so not loving VW TDI wagons 🤬

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Are you ready for Christmas? Taken at Lowes over the wknd

Attachments

• IMG_20211009_143427501.jpg
    IMG_20211009_143427501.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 229

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
This year I hired a company to decorate the outside of the house for Christmas. I've never done it before and it's kind of overpriced, but my wife is nuts about Christmas and we have a baby due on Christmas day, so we're going to have our hands full.

Also, if you have kids, start buying presents now. Good chance high demand stuff will be sold out by black Friday.

Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I would almost always rather spend money before I spend time.

Especially with something tedious like hanging lights.

You know who else was born on Christmas day? 🙃

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I would almost always rather spend money before I spend time.

Especially with something tedious like hanging lights.

You know who else was born on Christmas day? 🙃
My mother! She's very excited about getting a grandchild for her birthday.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
@oddspyke

?'s about hiring a decorator (curiosity only). Do they use your own stuff or can you rent it? Do they also take it down?

I assume both those are "how much do you want to spend?" but wondering what is normal

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
@oddspyke

?'s about hiring a decorator (curiosity only). Do they use your own stuff or can you rent it? Do they also take it down?

I assume both those are "how much do you want to spend?" but wondering what is normal
The service I'm using is all inclusive. They provide the lights and decorations, you tell them when to install and remove. That was part of the appeal for me, not having to go out and buy 1,000ft of lights and try to store them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Dude it's disgusting. I went in to try and find something for Halloween. Full blown Christmas mode.

Boo to wagons.

Vortex should be delivered Friday. Stuff I ordered from FCP should be here tomorrow. Random tools and bits I ordered from Amazon should be here through the end of the week. If I get my base map from EQT by Friday, I might attempt the install this weekend, was planning on doing it the weekend after next...

Status
Not open for further replies.