GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
The only good thing about all star games are the skills challenges which started with the nba and now nfl
but do they even do those anymore? the games serve no purpose other than moneygrabbing.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
i have 2 22" monitors for getting through my workday.

my wife just got 24" monitors and made me a little jelly.

Now i'm thinking of getting dual 27" monitors...

should i do it? would it be 'too much'? lol. some of the programs i use are just too dense - large pdfs, spreadsheets, etc where it helps to see all the data next to eachother rather than zooming in and out constantly.

I have two 27’s, but my life is examining for nuance and those fine details. Wife has a massive curved screen that’s like 36” across.. I get jelly of that monster.

I have the massive 34" one, and a 27". It's a pretty good setup.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
i have 2 22" monitors for getting through my workday.

my wife just got 24" monitors and made me a little jelly.

Now i'm thinking of getting dual 27" monitors...

should i do it? would it be 'too much'? lol. some of the programs i use are just too dense - large pdfs, spreadsheets, etc where it helps to see all the data next to eachother rather than zooming in and out constantly.
7A316FBA-C065-4DE8-8214-CA0ED1184BBA.jpeg

I’ve got 2 27’s and my laptop… helps when I’m reading wiring diagrams and stuff but a little over kill other wise

torga

Autocross Champion
I went back to one monitor after years of having a four monitor setup. I like it better, less chaos.

I've got 3 monitors at work, and I can't imagine work without that. I've only got one monitor at home, though -- I get by. It would be nice to have a second, for some of my rabbit-hole, research project adventures.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've got 3 monitors at work, and I can't imagine work without that. I've only got one monitor at home, though -- I get by. It would be nice to have a second, for some of my rabbit-hole, research project adventures.
I thought I could never live without 4 for a very long time. I found myself trying to multitask and have 5 projects open at the same time, I'd glance at one and be like woops forgot to do something and switch my efforts to something else. Didn't realize these habits actually made my productivity go down. Now I focus on one project at a time and move on when I'm ready.

torga

Autocross Champion
I thought I could never live without 4 for a very long time. I found myself trying to multitask and have 5 projects open at the same time, I'd glance at one and be like woops forgot to do something and switch my efforts to something else. Didn't realize these habits actually made my productivity go down. Now I focus on one project at a time and move on when I'm ready.

Makes sense, different people work different ways. I typically use my three monitors to hyper focus on one project at a time. Since I'm used to spreading all my data/programs out, the multiple screens are very indispensable to me. Almost like just working on a large table. My productivity goes down if I try to do things from home, with only one monitor 😅

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Do it. Keep the screen size arms race going until you're both sitting there with dual 70" TV as monitors.

You'll fit more on the screen, it wouldn't necessarily get smaller. Remember you can always just adjust the zoom if it is too small.

My work is zoomed in a lot. Like overlaying handwriting samples to figure out if documents have been forged, or if they are legit.

Tuesday’s adventure was verifying person 1 was in the same place as person 2 on a given day. Was able to do it using the shared attribute of a note/signature written by person 3 in both files. In this case proving person 1 was at the same place was a good thing for them. 😁

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I get by with 2 monitors at work and in home office space. can pop up the laptop monitor for 3rd screen option but my desk cant accommodate it very well.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
My work is zoomed in a lot. Like overlaying handwriting samples to figure out if documents have been forged, or if they are legit.

Tuesday’s adventure was verifying person 1 was in the same place as person 2 on a given day. Was able to do it using the shared attribute of a note/signature written by person 3 in both files. In this case proving person 1 was at the same place was a good thing for them. 😁
i forgot what you do for work, for a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.