GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
All top tier sports need an average joe for reference to keep the armchair judges in check. Change my mind.

I use to do a lot of road riding. I got to ride with some semi pro riders. They are so f'ing fast its not even funny. These guys aren't even at the domestic pro levels. The guys that get to go to Europe and race are pretty much freaks of nature when its comes to their ability to ride a bike fast. Friend of mine got to ride with some pro mountain bikers. He would be with them when they drop in...the next time he's see them is at the bottom of the trail. They would dust you right from the start.

Also back in the early 90's when I was in high school...I would go to open gym to play basketball. One night there was a former student that eventually made it into the NBA. He was playing for UCLA at the time. The guy was literally destroying everybody. He was making layups and dunking any time he wanted. Dude is 6'9".

golfdave

Autocross Champion
I told you about my shaving incident in confidences.

Yeah sorry about that, ....I just thought it was a good warning to other forum members to not try to follow your example when you tried to keep up with the high maintenance buffed back/sack/crack waxed "phur".....🤷‍♂️......it all ended a bit Sweeney Todd....

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I've been debating selling my GTI and buying a......wait for it.......nother GTI.

I found what i was looking for, and not far from me either.

https://www.planetsubaru.com/used/V...Golf+GTI-4bd8981a0a0e09a80126ae2de4953c82.htm

I've got an 18 S in night blue metallic that I bought new and have put 50K miles on. Had I waited a year to buy my car there's no doubt I would have bought that one exactly. We've already got a cornflower blue Taos I love this colour. Why not have two CFB cars?

Here's the thing, I bought my S for 26.5K. Am I crazy for seriously considering hitting the reset button on my loan just because I really like the color? (i guess the diff & lights are a bonus)
I love the CFB, however unless there are issues with yours I would not risk the chance of issues with someone else's car. Note: I bought a black one my least liked color because it was 3K less than any other deal I could get. I won't buy a shirt in the wrong color but I own two black w/red trim cars (see below).
No Tom Brady, I'm happy as can be. No interest in either team. Will still be watching it after me and the lady do valentines day on Sunday.
Celibate or solo?
Ohio is gonna ohio
Yes, but Cincinnati Chili and Devo
How is this a real Olympic event!?
View attachment 238836
I'm gonna call big spoon

Attachments

• IMG_20210403_154512291.jpg
    IMG_20210403_154512291.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Sports is to a great extent age dependent. Most of you guys are half my age and when I was a teenager and up until my late 50's I didn't have the technology we have today. We played sports as kids because that's what was available. We didn't have computers, smartphones etc so we played sports. No electronic gaming etc.

So i grew up loving what I did as you guys have also. You didn't play sports so it doesn't mean much to you. Just as electronic gaming isn't important to me.

So it is unrealistic for me to not understand why you have low interest in sports. I admit that I lost a lost of interest simply because the amount of money the athletes make is absurd. People are priced out of going to games they had little interest in seeing in the first place. So I get it and won't bother trying to create interest in sports that just doesn't exist.
FWIW there is a sports subforum in OT

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Sports talk is a lost cause here.

I mean the forum in general, not just this topic.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I've been debating selling my GTI and buying a......wait for it.......nother GTI.

I found what i was looking for, and not far from me either.

https://www.planetsubaru.com/used/V...Golf+GTI-4bd8981a0a0e09a80126ae2de4953c82.htm

I've got an 18 S in night blue metallic that I bought new and have put 50K miles on. Had I waited a year to buy my car there's no doubt I would have bought that one exactly. We've already got a cornflower blue Taos I love this colour. Why not have two CFB cars?

Here's the thing, I bought my S for 26.5K. Am I crazy for seriously considering hitting the reset button on my loan just because I really like the color? (i guess the diff & lights are a bonus)

https://thewrapguy.com/

He has a color close to CFB.

CW-Gloss-Light-Blue-cgrecocustoms-MethuenMass-3__94128.1603131139.jpg

Financially, it's a horrible decision. By the time taxes and fees are done, you're looking at probably paying close to $10k. What are you going to get? A nicer color, a year newer, 35k less miles. Nicer headlights. I'd have to assume you'd put the Macans on that, so the bigger front brakes don't count. Bigger rear brakes. A nicer set of backup wheels. eLSD.

If all that's worth $10k to you, go for it. Hell, you've read my build thread. You know I'm not one to make good financial decision. #YOLO 🤣

Having the conversation never hurts. Go check it out and see what they'd give you for your GTI to see exactly what it'd cost. Con: You'd have to drive to Chicago to grab your Austin's.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I use to do a lot of road riding. I got to ride with some semi pro riders. They are so f'ing fast its not even funny. These guys aren't even at the domestic pro levels. The guys that get to go to Europe and race are pretty much freaks of nature when its comes to their ability to ride a bike fast.

I raced elite road from the early 80's until 2015. Back in the 80's, the national level promoters would import european domestiques and pay them thousands to start the race. They'd win everything except the race itself, which was always reserved for an American. We would race for 90 minutes at an average speed of 33mph. Nuts. If you got a prime and finished, you did well. As time went on, the top US riders started training regularly in Europe, and the playing field leveled out a bit. It's still primarily a European sport.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
https://thewrapguy.com/

He has a color close to CFB.

View attachment 238853

Financially, it's a horrible decision. By the time taxes and fees are done, you're looking at probably paying close to $10k. What are you going to get? A nicer color, a year newer, 35k less miles. Nicer headlights. I'd have to assume you'd put the Macans on that, so the bigger front brakes don't count. Bigger rear brakes. A nicer set of backup wheels. eLSD.

If all that's worth $10k to you, go for it. Hell, you've read my build thread. You know I'm not one to make good financial decision. #YOLO 🤣

Having the conversation never hurts. Go check it out and see what they'd give you for your GTI to see exactly what it'd cost. Con: You'd have to drive to Chicago to grab your Austin's
Don't forget about the stock intake, turbo inlet, and rear diffuser which are all still back in Chicago. That is unless I have an hour or two with both GTIs so I can just swap the parts from one to the other. Though if I do it I'll probably just leave the ampliform on the car. It would cost me more in gas to drive to and from Chicago and get tires for my Austins than I could make selling the ampliform.

I'm expecting it to cost about 10k as well. All I would be doing is trading my car for the "best version" of my car for me.

The other option is knowing it would cost 10k i could also just wrap my current car in the 3M ocean shimmer i originally wanted, get BMP dynamic headlights, and a wavetrac diff for roughly half the cost.

Actually yea that would be way to go. Thanks boys for talking me out of a bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.