GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
spike’s in Allston closed a few weeks ago. Spike’s is the jam.

Screenshot_20220930_202425.jpg

Fuuuucccckkk.

I hope this last location in Warwick doesn't close. But knowing how many locations they had, down to one single one... The writing might be on the wall. I'll be so bummed, I fucking love Spike's.

messrock

Autocross Champion
View attachment 261947

Fuuuucccckkk.

I hope this last location in Warwick doesn't close. But knowing how many locations they had, down to one single one... The writing might be on the wall. I'll be so bummed, I fucking love Spike's.
Spike’s had been there almost from when I was still in school. That was a long fucking time ago. Beers at the white horse followed by Spike’s. Night out at O’Brien’s? Spike’s. Pretty much any time I was out partying in Allston, Spike’s.

cb1111

Agreed, but it isn't just "this economy". Our economy is built off of keeping half the population near poverty even in good economic conditions. This is a longterm persistent issue that cost many lives in Katrina and other large storms too. The poor and elderly have a difficult time evacuating, it's always been like that, it isn't something new due to "this economy".
Yes, there are services in place to help those unable to leave. Lack of money is not an excuse for not leaving. We really don't want to come and rescue you.

cb1111

I'm seeing the coast guard helicopters fly over all the time. They said this morning there's areas they need to finish search and rescue before they'll restore power, so I have no idea what to expect.
Yep. The USAR teams are busy. I'm so glad that you weren't one of those that needed to be rescued. Depending on where you are, it might be a couple of weeks before you get power back.

DoE and the USACE (Corps of Engineers) are out there prioritizing for the power companies.

Do you have water and under a boil water advisory, or do you have no water?

1664589200303.png

cb1111

I think I'm going to get subway in a few mins.

Talked to one of my clients in FL this morning, not sure exactly where they were but their house got leveled and they got air rescued 😲

tHEy sHoULd hAVe EVaCuAteD
Yes, they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.