GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Ahh. that whole east coast area is a mess of traffic and bad drivers. gimme drivers in PA for example who actually have to deal with terrain and know how to look around corners.
We had very different experiences driving in PA... Mine was filled with people who didn't understand traffic circles, on ramps, stop signs, right turns on red, lane etiquette, and driving in any precipitation.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
ANYONE TAKING ORDERS HERE? That's the last thing I heard leaving Arbys today. Poor girl was busy AF running around doing probably 2 peoples jobs.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
ANYONE TAKING ORDERS HERE? That's the last thing I heard leaving Arbys today. Poor girl was busy AF running around doing probably 2 peoples jobs.
NoBoDy WaNtS tO wOrK aNyMoRe

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
We had very different experiences driving in PA... Mine was filled with people who didn't understand traffic circles, on ramps, stop signs, right turns on red, lane etiquette, and driving in any precipitation.
yea pa drivers suck and the highways being littered with tire carcasses is so much fun

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yamahas entire dealer service seem to be fucked today. Their phone system also sucks. They aren't answering any phone calls and their voicemail is full.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Sounds like they’re Yamahahaing all
The way to the bank.
They should put the support email at the beginning of their hold line. Instead of at the end of the 10 minutes when they tell you to leave a voicemail, and then tell you the voicemail is full. I missed the email the first time and had to listen to that shit twice. Only took them 5 minutes to reply to my email though...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The audi employee on the rs3 forums that's always giving more info on updates than you can get from dealers had another bad update today.

All outstanding R8 orders, if they aren’t yet assigned production, are cancelled.

No further exclusive orders. If it hasn’t already been accepted and a production date set, expect it to be cancelled.

All S and RS cars that were allocated, across all models, will experience delays in their production due to a shortage through at least year end (and likely beyond) on various sensors that are used in those models. There is no eta for more, or specifics as to what sensors.

I’ve also decided my time with the brand has, for now, come to an end, as an employee. With 6 in the stable, I won’t be defecting brands for myself anytime soon though. Whether I’ll be back at some point, who knows.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
My favorite sign I've ever seen was in PA. Just a normal intersection with a light, huge sign that said "wait for green to proceed". Like, wtf. How bad do the drivers need to be in order to necessitate a sign explaining how traffic lights work.
There's a few of these near me too.

It's when traffic across the intersection gets to go first and many dummies take other cars going as an indication they can go too.

Problem with these signs is, the kind of person that just goes when they see movement isn't the kind of person that reads signs.

The signs near me say "Wait for green" 😂

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Looks like it's time for the ole reverse part-out!
I still have some hope. lol

I'm not in the worst position because it could definitely be worse. My dealer has a turbo blue rs3 incoming right now. That guy is deposit #2, deposit #1 still doesn't have his car, and I don't know anything about deposit #3. I do know that my dealer has 3 allocations, so deposits #1 and #3 have an existing order with an estimated delivery date. Their cars will be built, but with maybe like a 6 month delay.

Scenarios I probably need to happen...guy #2 declines the incoming car or can't get financed, somehow the deal falls through. Since the other 2 guys have an actual build order they say no to the incoming turbo blue car, and then the car gets offered to me. I do know the other 2 people didn't order turbo blue, guy #3 wants a white car, and #1 is a grey car.

Or...the 3 people ahead of me stick to their orders and buy the car they spec'd out. My dealer gets a non-spec'd car for inventory and I'm the first one they'll offer it to.

Otherwise I'm probably waiting another year. That would mean a 2024, which could potentially mean I get one with a facelift.

If I didn't have the dealer I have I'd probably have very little hope. I've seen enough comments online to know there's very few dealers as straight as they are.

I've tried getting myself excited for a 2019/2020 RS3, but the 2022+ interior is just soooo much better looking. In general I think the 2022+ is a much cooler looking car.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I agree the new RS3 is so much cooler in most ways. it looks wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.