GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Can we all just take a second here and imagine...

Riceburner

Fucking

Your MOM 🤣🤣🤏

Damn, didn't know Riceburner was into necrophilia 🤣

I mean, my mom is still alive and kicking. But I'm sure someone who reads that has a mom that's no longer with us...

Phur

Autocross Champion
I got the impression that you weren't overly impressed with your current setup. Can you temporarily move that tree to see if the sound improves? If it does, then we can come up with a work-around.

While vinyl is making a comeback, the audio differences between that and a decent quality digital recording is minimal and the added warmth is only obvious if you have a good quality system. That said, many people are blown away by vinyl because they are used to listening to compressed crap from the internet/Apple/Sirius etc. - and depending on your age, you might not be able to hear the differences between vinyl and good quality digital anyway.

I'm not trying to talk you out of vinyl, but with today's electronics, you'd need to be pretty serious about music to drop the cash for a system that sounds better than what you have now.
The home theater sounds better than it did. Somehow multiple of the settings which try to equalize the sound from screaming commercials were turned on. This was severely fucking with things. The tree is a phaux tree. It actually doesn’t affect the sound coming from that side much. I’ve checked it out when the tree was outside drying from being cleaned.

I am 42. I’m very sensitive to bad rips and shitty sound quality. I started playing guitar when I was 13. I haven’t played much for years, but I have always had the unfortunate ability to pick out which string of which instrument is out of tune. I say unfortunate because there are a lot of live recordings that I find unlistenable.

I want to have a more intentional relationship with my music than just throwing things from my phone. I think that it will help me reconnect with it some, because something has been lost in all of the evolution of modern convenience.

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Can we all just take a second here and imagine...

Riceburner

Fucking

Your MOM 🤣🤣🤏
Obly if you image

Uglybastard

Taking your mom out for a nice seafood dinner

And never calling her again

toothofwar

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
The home theater sounds better than it did. Somehow multiple of the settings which try to equalize the sound from screaming commercials were turned on. This was severely fucking with things. The tree is a phaux tree. It actually doesn’t affect the sound coming from that side much. I’ve checked it out when the tree was outside drying from being cleaned.

I am 42. I’m very sensitive to bad raps and shitty sound quality. I started playing guitar when I was 13. I haven’t played much for years, but I have always had the unfortunate ability to pick out which string of which instrument is out of tune. I say unfortunate because there are a lot of live recordings that I find unlistenable.

I want to have a more intentional relationship with my music than just throwing things from my phone. I think that it will help me reconnect with it some, because something has been lost in all of the evolution of modern convenience.
CD's

Most people say better sound
Easier to find
Cheaper
Much less hassle to play
Real easy/quick to convert to digital for access elsewhere

LP's

some people say better sound
The art work is easier to appreciate
If you enjoy rituals playing albums has it

If you do go LP you REALLY want at least semi-auto where the tome-arm returns after the album is over

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
SACDs sounded amazing, they just didn’t take off. The market decided they didn’t care about sound quality and actually went the opposite direction.

Phur

Autocross Champion
The left half of these cabinets holds most of our CD collection… When the home theater stopped playing CDs, we transitioned to having to play them using the game console (now a ps5). That is plenty capable, but just somehow doesn’t feel the same. As a result, we now normally just play stuff from our digital library onto the home theater. It just feels like something is missing.

Also, we are the type of people that enjoy listening to albums in their entirety.

Attachments

• 1669724864290.jpeg
    1669724864290.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68

Phur

Autocross Champion
I asked lady phur about the albums that we already own on vinyl that we have framed as art… do we remove those from the frames to listen to them?
She said, “Hell no. If we want to listen to those, we’ll need to get duplicates.”

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
I will try and post a pic of my CD collection (750 +/-) I have them in an old PO letter sorting shelf

haven't bought a CD in years. Spotify premium (or similar) the $15 month is an absolute bargain for music junkies like me

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Damn, didn't know Riceburner was into necrophilia 🤣

I mean, my mom is still alive and kicking. But I'm sure someone who reads that has a mom that's no longer with us...
*raises hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.