GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Why The Volkswagen GTI's Electric Transformation Is Ruffling Purists' Feathers

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
my dog bite wound is preventing me from driving the GTI this weekend and it's annoying.

also thanks for the tips guys, I'm gonna look at the options available since we have power already to the garage, water would be convenient but isn't necessary.

PS I had a tequila and soda with 1800 gold not too long ago and it was amazing, like a clear cut above others I've had. Is there some secret ingredient other than tequila and club soda that people put in these things? I don't really have an issue with just the two, but this was a whole 'nother level, and I know for a fact that 1800 isn't some top shelf shit.

Last edited:

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
my dog bite wound is preventing me from driving the GTI this weekend and it's annoying.

also thanks for the tips guys, I'm gonna look at the options available since we have power already to the garage, water would be convenient but isn't necessary.

PS I had a tequila and soda with 1800 gold not too long ago and it was amazing, like a clear cut above others I've had. Is there some secret ingredient other than tequila and club soda that people put in these things? I don't really have an issue with just the two, but this was a whole 'nother level, and I know for a fact that 1800 isn't some top shelf shit.

Throw in some lime juice. Love a good ranch wahder.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Tequila 🤢

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Had an old boss that was super into it. Tried some top shelf stuff. Still tasted like ass.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Throw in some lime juice. Love a good ranch wahder.
Limes are delicious, I'll see how a splash works out. I'm not a picky/sophisticated drinker, but I won't complain when something is extra tasty.

Had an old boss that was super into it. Tried some top shelf stuff. Still tasted like ass.
I feel like some of them (silvers in particular) are more prone to that nailpolish taste you get with vodka, gold and añejo tequilas are my preference for straight drinks or where the tequila is the focus. Margaritas can be done just fine with cheap silvers all day though, and frankly I love margaritas.

I don't enjoy rum at all though. Coconuts sketch me out (see earlier coconut crab discussion) and they taste awful, and spiced rum is also not my thing. There's a handful of cordials that I like, but largely I drink beer, sweet wines, and tequila, with the occasional cranberry vodka thrown in.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Most tequila is ass, for sure. Even some of the "top shelf" stuff really isn't good, it's just marketing. It's not my liquor of choice but it's hard to beat a great margarita and some Mexican food. Ranch waters really are yummy though, super refreshing (although I guess you could sub the tequila for vodka and it would still be excellent)

Now that the weather is warming up it's gin and tonic season :love:

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
hateful people never cease to amaze me.

like bruh, are you really that happy to spend the end times of your life with absolutely no one around you to help you or be by your side bc you were a colossal piece of shit throughout life???

like imagine being such a terrible person to be around that even your kids basically say good riddance and leave you to wither.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Most tequila is ass, for sure. Even some of the "top shelf" stuff really isn't good, it's just marketing. It's not my liquor of choice but it's hard to beat a great margarita and some Mexican food. Ranch waters really are yummy though, super refreshing (although I guess you could sub the tequila for vodka and it would still be excellent)

Now that the weather is warming up it's gin and tonic season :love:
gin tastes like christmas, I don't know that I've ever had a gin & tonic though. When I was younger I kinda just tried a little of everything, ultimately though I think I've found my niche in tequila. Margaritas are indeed wonderful with mexican food, ranch water/tequila & soda are my go-to if I need to look like an adult/not have a super bright drink OR if it's hot and I know I need to stay hydrated. Protip btw, hydration has a huge impact on hangover severity. I don't do a lot of vodkas because they tend to have that acetone taste that people associate with cheap liquor (I might also just have only ever had cheap vodka).

hateful people never cease to amaze me.

like bruh, are you really that happy to spend the end times of your life with absolutely no one around you to help you or be by your side bc you were a colossal piece of shit throughout life???

like imagine being such a terrible person to be around that even your kids basically say good riddance and leave you to wither.
imagine being a tortilla chip in guac but having a french getup 🤡

jk you're my internet buddy and I hope you're legitimately happy and finding fulfillment in life. I think my greatest hope in life is that I've influenced enough people's lives in a positive way that they go on to do the same for others, and ultimately that I played some small role in making the world a less awful place.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
gin tastes like christmas, I don't know that I've ever had a gin & tonic though. When I was younger I kinda just tried a little of everything, ultimately though I think I've found my niche in tequila. Margaritas are indeed wonderful with mexican food, ranch water/tequila & soda are my go-to if I need to look like an adult/not have a super bright drink OR if it's hot and I know I need to stay hydrated. Protip btw, hydration has a huge impact on hangover severity. I don't do a lot of vodkas because they tend to have that acetone taste that people associate with cheap liquor (I might also just have only ever had cheap vodka).

Some gins are heavier on juniper (christmas) than others; some of the American-style gins can actually be a little fruity which makes for a super refreshing GnT. Plus I can tell myself that I'm also getting my daily anti-malarial dose in.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Mixed drink, tequila all the way. I fuckin' love margaritas.

Shot or sipping drink? Bourbon.
All whiskey is wonderful. Don't limit yourself to bourbon.

PXL_20230526_131007942.jpg

Rye, bourbon, Irish whiskey, Welsh whiskey, and especially Scotch are all wonderful in their own way. The only style I don't really care for is Tennessee whiskey (Jack Daniels is pretty prototypical); the extra burn and heavy alcohol flavor are supposed to be features and it's not for me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion