GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Turbo Downpipe - 3.5"

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
Maybe it start at 3.5" and reduces to 3"?

as clarified by HGMotorsports in the emails i exchange with them; the Bull-x Downpipe is:

3.5" from turbo outlet to cat and 3" from cat to end.

I don't know what's the case for my Cat-less Bull-X DP whether it's 3.5 inch al the way OR there's a reducer in place of the cat location

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I think this does reduce to the stock catback, although my last downpipe had a 3" flange.

Does this one seem that much more expensive? I always thought around $450 was about right for a nice downpipe.

16plus4v1

Ready to race!
The IHI is a much different turbo than what we're used to seeing. It almost dwarfs the k03 on the scale of small oem turbos... And the bigger the DP, the better. Believe me, it's nothing to debate about.

Liland

Ready to race!
In Scandinavia many ppl run up to 4.5 inch downpipe on their cars to avoid pressure after the turbo, so if you can get a 3.5 downpipe i would get one.

Seppdelaney

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
I want to hear what this sounds like. Especially attached to a 3.0" catback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seppdelaney

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
So what do u guys think is the best size a 3 inch all the way or 3.5

Some will claim that a bigger down pipe creates too little back pressure and that you'll lose a lot on the low end.

Based upon my understanding, though, the turbo it's self creates more than enough back pressure and that because "the best exhaust for a turbo is no exhaust", the bigger the exhaust, the better. I'm sure that the law of diminishing returns plays a roll, but I'll let someone else speak to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Cheaper than USP's. I'm waiting for more options to hopefully drive cost down, not to mention available programming.

Same boat, planning power mods for next year, that and waiting to see what 42DD does with their MK7.