GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cubic Telecom notifications

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I keep getting an in-car notification that my free Cubic Telecom data has run out. I delete the message and it comes back again after a day or two. How can I stop getting this notification?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
From what I’ve read on another forum, it’s not possible to delete it. Members on that forum are of the opinion that the only way for it not to appear is to not take up the initial free subscription in the first place.……….🤔

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I get this as well hopefully a bug that will be fixed with the 1890 update which I'm waiting for.....
A forum member over on VWROC.com who’s recently had the 1890 upgrade is still getting the Cubic Telecom data message, so it seems the software upgrade doesn’t fix it.

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I have now removed my car from the Cubic Telecom site. I don't see me wanting to purchase data in this way anyway. I'll see what transpires and report back.

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I am still getting the in-car notification that my free Cubic Telecom data has run out each time I drive somewhere even though I have removed my car from Cubic Telecom and I keep deleting the message. Quite annoying!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I am still getting the in-car notification that my free Cubic Telecom data has run out each time I drive somewhere even though I have removed my car from Cubic Telecom and I keep deleting the message. Quite annoying!
See my post #2 above. Sign up to the free data in the first place and it seems you’re stuck with the notification message. I can’t remember reading on this - or any other - forum of anyone who’s found a way to permanently delete the message and stop it reappearing.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
Mine stopped doing it after the OTA update and i was finally able to connect my phone as a hotspot i think you need to turn off esim in the option above wifi.
The only message i get now is you are not connected to wifi at start up if don't have my phone with me which cancels and doesn't reappear.
whether this affects any further updates i don't know so it might worth switching it back on from time to time.