GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driving stick sucks rant.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I made it to 64 before my left knee when blammo. My orthopedic doc said get thee an automatic, so I did. The only automatic that I could live with was the DSG. I'm guessing because it is not a slush box with a torque converter.

To the OP, you do realize that trading your GTI for a new one with a DSG is going to cost you plenty. For that reason alone I'd say stay with your manual.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Damn shame lol

But Tesla is sick interested on how much maintenance will be on one of those bad boys

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It's an electric motor. An AC induction motor nonetheless. It's fucking bulletproof. I hear their transfer cases are way over-engineered too. So aside from a battery every 10 years and chassis and comfort stuff it'll be a dream to maintain.

jgarcia1925

Go Kart Champion
It's an electric motor. An AC induction motor nonetheless. It's fucking bulletproof. I hear their transfer cases are way over-engineered too. So aside from a battery every 10 years and chassis and comfort stuff it'll be a dream to maintain.

this is why i like you trev, as a fellow engineer thanks for hearing me out on this one. other than tires and brakes, nothing really needs maintaining. Tesla model 3 here i come when it comes out.

Jaber

Modero
Hardware engineers be like "Yah, it moves".

Software engineers be like "Yah, it moves. But bug #442-1EL won't let the car go above 50MPH, when it's sunny, wind blowing east and driver had a big mac for lunch. Sadly, we cannot replicate this issue".

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
Complains about clutch in GTI... you must not have driven any other car. My Rex's clutch feels like you're leg pressing 1000lbs with just your left leg. (and I live in LA)

After injuring my left knee and trading in my 2012 WRX, I took some measurements on my legs before starting a physician mandated exercise program. My left leg was 2.5" larger than my right leg!

steemax

Go Kart Champion
After injuring my left knee and trading in my 2012 WRX, I took some measurements on my legs before starting a physician mandated exercise program. My left leg was 2.5" larger than my right leg!

:lol: Funny thing is I believe you. It's one hell of a workout but I don't mind it one bit. The fun outweighs it.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Hardware engineers be like "Yah, it moves".

Software engineers be like "Yah, it moves. But bug #442-1EL won't let the car go above 50MPH, when it's sunny, wind blowing east and driver had a big mac for lunch. Sadly, we cannot replicate this issue".
I'm trained in electrical and mechanical engineering. My job is mostly software engineering. This post is familiar. Makes me a bit sad.

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
I'm 43 years old, have two horribly bad knees from 13 years of Airborne Paratrooper operations in the US army, and drive 125 miles a day round-trip in Washington DC traffic, some of the worst in the country...

Still driving my manual... What were your complaints again? :D

You're making the smart decision there best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
I've had 17 cars since I was 18 and only three were auto because they didn't make them in manual. I've lived in LA, South Beach, and Dallas and have never regret having a manual in any way. My Outback right now is a manual too!

Going from my Mustang GT to the GTI, the clutch on the GTI felt like melting marshmallow.