GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Daily Driving stick sucks rant.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I found the clutch stop to be pretty useless. I don't push the clutch that far though, so I don't even know it's there. Even with all the washers in I wasn't touching the clutch stop when I shifted. I think the only times I ever really push the clutch all the way in is when I start the car. For $10 there's not much to complain about though.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
ECS bleeder block, SS clutch line and remove the accumulator. It will make a pretty drastic difference in responsiveness.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
you're probably tired of the lack of feedback of the GTI clutch. My suggestion, do bleeder block and clutch stop (to get rid of long travel), then rethink about what you wanna do.

It's not like you're driving an Evo MR with a heavy ass clutch that will make your leg real numb.

Greywolf

Passed Driver's Ed
I find that the GTI clutch is one of the lightest ones I have ever driven. Sure, the throw is a little long, but it is so easy to depress. When I get in our 550i and depress the clutch after driving the GTI for a while, I feel like I'm driving a commercial truck with a very stiff clutch. Slightly exaggerating, but it is a pretty stiff clutch.
If it truly bothering your knee, you might have something wrong with your knee. :iono: My 45 yo knees don't seem to mind it.

mlody91

Ready to race!
This was my first manual car when I bought it 3 years ago (damn time flies) and those first couple months were killing my left calf muscles (for manual drivers everyday is leg day lol). I was scared of traffic because I thought my leg would give out but after a few months my leg just became immune to it....

Just let your leg get use to it and once you get bored upgrade to a short shifter, maybe get some bushings and possibly upgrade to a heavier shift knob. I've got a DG short shifter and I love how mechanical it feels. The clink clank lets you know you're in gear while the stock shifter just feels like you're moving a spoon through a bowl full of jello :confused:

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
I have the $10 clutch stop from Ebay it's awesome and helped a bit but it's not the weight but the knee extension I'll research the bleeder block and short shift option for sure thanks everyone [emoji108]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intellistar

Ready to race!
You can always try adjusting your seating position. Sometimes, it may help adjusting your seat higher/lower/closer/farther.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
Did you start this thread so you could post a giant picture of your car that you think is cool?

Greywolf

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the $10 clutch stop from Ebay it's awesome and helped a bit but it's not the weight but the knee extension I'll research the bleeder block and short shift option for sure thanks everyone [emoji108]?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how far you are from the pedals, but if you are extending your knee to almost straight, you are too far from the pedals. As stated above, try different seating positions. Higher and closer are better for your knee than lower and further.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
ECS bleeder block, SS clutch line and remove the accumulator. It will make a pretty drastic difference in responsiveness.
What is dis accumulator business?
I find that the GTI clutch is one of the lightest ones I have ever driven. Sure, the throw is a little long, but it is so easy to depress. When I get in our 550i and depress the clutch after driving the GTI for a while, I feel like I'm driving a commercial truck with a very stiff clutch. Slightly exaggerating, but it is a pretty stiff clutch.
If it truly bothering your knee, you might have something wrong with your knee. :iono: My 45 yo knees don't seem to mind it.
I've driven an M6 with that clutch or something similar. What a BEAST. Surely it was work to engage and disengage but it's such a hefty car that being able to manhandle it like it was a box of tissues was extremely gratifying. Makes the work worth it.