GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealership Rant

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
Update 11/01/19:
When I got home last night I checked the mailed to find an envelope from the dealership.
Inside was a check for the full cost of registration plus the late fees, so I guess I finally got something out of these guys. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully this is the last time I have to deal with them.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Update 11/01/19:
When I got home last night I checked the mailed to find an envelope from the dealership.
Inside was a check for the full cost of registration plus the late fees, so I guess I finally got something out of these guys. I'm pleasantly surprised.

What? Did they send you a check and tell you to go register it yourself? If that's the case...be prepared for more problems. Assuming that's what they did, did they supply you with any paperwork? Do you even have the application for title with your signature, their signature, and leinholder info if there was a loan? I'm sure they didn't give you a POA signed by the previous owner or the title either.

Or did you just get a refund because of the delay?

Father Seth

Go Kart Newbie
What? Did they send you a check and tell you to go register it yourself? If that's the case...be prepared for more problems. Assuming that's what they did, did they supply you with any paperwork? Do you even have the application for title with your signature, their signature, and leinholder info if there was a loan? I'm sure they didn't give you a POA signed by the previous owner or the title either.

Or did you just get a refund because of the delay?

After I got pulled over the other day I went to the DMV and paid for the registration. The car was already under my name it was just only registered until september.

The check mailed to me was a reimbursement check for the full amount of registration plus the late fees. Their finance guy told me that their policy is to cover registration for the next period if there is between 6 (I believe) months and 3 months, so they reimbursed me for the registration plus late fees.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Update 11/01/19:

What about all the paint issues?
Aren't you going to get them to fix those?