GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DG Springs on MK7

• Thread starter Deleted member 137012
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137012

Hello all! This is my first post on this forum!!

I just picked up my SEL MK7 2015 with 20K miles on it CPO and want to keep my warranty while looking good.

I have done 25% Tints, OEM roof rack, DeAutoKey Led's all the way around and OEM splash guard kit.

DO YOU think DG OEM springs are the next best mod for me?

I saw the pics but over time have they given you any issues?

Does the drop warrant the $200+ pricetag?

Let me know what you guys think

_cruster

Ready to race!
You haven’t explained anything much about what you’re hoping to accomplish - but, without any criteria whatsoever to go on, if it were my car, my next mod would be a JB1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 137012

"want to keep my warranty while looking good."

Looking to do anything that looks good while keeping the warranty lol

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
"want to keep my warranty while looking good."

Looking to do anything that looks good while keeping the warranty lol

Yeah, but the cost is a little more, since you will want spacers to avoid the recessed wheel look you get when lowering the car.

Factor in another $170 for a flush kit. http://www.urotuning.com/Mk7-GTi-Flush-Kit-Full-Set-of-Wheel-Spacers-Bolts-p/mk7-flush-kit.htm

You can do just the springs first, and since they don't lower too much, maybe you will not want a flush kit, but at the very least a 10mm spacer in the back will help the look a lot.

AdamGTI2

Ready to race!
Personal opinion - do NOT get DG Springs. Hardly drops the car at all.

I originally was going to go get them but went with Emmanuele Design. Don't scrape anywhere - still wish I went lower haha.

D

Deleted member 137012

What should I get that wont kill my stock struts

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

JustAGolf

I also was going with DG but I learned the drop is so minimal so I decided to go with VWR spring. 2 years in and I am loving the stands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Drop on DGs is less than other springs but there are benefits to this in ride quality and stock component longevity.

I highly recommend them. Very much worth it. Would not describe the drop as minimal. Search these forums for the dedicated DG springs threads.

D

Deleted member 137012

Yeah thats what I want, I have a long commute and everyone was raving about the DGs but I saw pics and it doesnt look like its worth it. Might say f it and go with the VWRs

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just reread OP and noticed you’re TSI. So maybe I’m not giving accurate info for you, as I’m referring to my GTI. I don’t know if the DG springs drop the GTI a bit more due to more weight than TSI or...

White18

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I put DG on my 2018 GTI. After installation and settling my fender to wheel center distances are: F 347.6mm and R 344.4mm.

Measure your stock FTC distances and compare to mine to get a feel for where your fender lips would end up after DG installation.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Just reread OP and noticed you’re TSI. So maybe I’m not giving accurate info for you, as I’m referring to my GTI. I don’t know if the DG springs drop the GTI a bit more due to more weight than TSI or...

Ah, yes, the TSI will drop more than the GTI.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Few pics of my dirty GTI on day 1 of DG spring install. Not a minimal drop by any means.