GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Digital Cockpit Pro.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I found the following in the current online VW Golf Mk8 website.

The standard Digital Cockpit Pro (not illustrated) instrument cluster uses a high-resolution 25.4 cm (10-inch) colour display to show you all the content that is important to you. This means you can display the classic rev counter or speedometer. You can then enhance the display to include the navigation map, for instance, so you always know which way to go. Perhaps you would prefer to see how much power you’ve got? Not a problem: you can also display GTE-specific sports functions, such as torque, turbo, dynamic red range in the rev counter, lap timer and charge pressure. Configure your own individual display so that it reflects your interests.‘

I have most of the functions but don’t seem to have (or don’t know how to access) - ‘GTE specific sports functions, such as torque, turbo, dynamic red (sic) range in the rev counter, lap timer and charge pressure.’ Perhaps these features are only available on the very latest models but the since the navigation map became available with the 1896 software update I wonder if everything else should be available.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The digital instrument cluster on the Golf 8 has been updated 4 times:
Instrument Cluster.jpg
And certain functionalities have been added with each newer version;
For example the first display 5H0920340 did not have the Golf R view or the steering angle view (It had the Golf R-line View with the honeycomb background which was removed from the later version)
With the 340A and software 3440 the GT View was missing the time and temperature at the top while present with software 3450.
With the 340B all logos (R,GTI,GTE,GTD) are visible on the R display not possible with the older version.
So if certain display functions are only available on the newer Golf 8 then the only way you will get these is with a software update in the instrument Cluster from VW.

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
On reflection I’m wondering if the ‘GTE specific sports functions, such as torque, turbo, dynamic red (sic) range in the rev counter, lap timer and charge pressure’ are only available if I had Discover Pro installed. Since I only have the ‘basic‘ Discover Media these extra features are therefore not available.

On the other hand, as Massimo explains, it might be because ‘certain functionalities have been added with each newer version of the instrument cluster’. My GTE was in the first batch of GTEs imported into the UK in September 2020 so therefore lacks features which are now present.