GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount Tire gives $1 million to campaign against marijuana legalization

Will Discount Tires Recent Donation Change Where You Shop?

• Screw the hippies! I will continue shopping at Discount Tire

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Meh, I don't care as long as I get my tires

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • GIMME DAT WEED. I will no longer support this business

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Doesn’t personally affect me, but I will not support them

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

Jaber

Modero
Between dealing with DT bs earlier this year and this, they can go pound sand.

I don't smoke weed, but think others should be free from doing so, if they please.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I will probably still use them, but I will try to go other places now before I buy from them. I don't get the big issue with Marijuana, I don't partake in it, but I don't see why others should not be able to.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
They get so pissed off, when you buy from TR and have them install it :laugh:

:laugh: That they do. I have always bought tires from tire rack and have them shipped to my house, then take them to DT to have them mounted since there is no tire rack local to me. The driving club that I'm in gets a discount from DT which makes mounting very cheap. I think I'd rather pay more to not support them anymore though.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Ill use them because my local store is good to me. As long as there corporate level doesnt start effecting my local store and how they treat customers i dont really care.

I do find it weird though that they would get involved with that... what is the benefit to them for it to not be legalized? Is there a disadvantage to them if it were legalized?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I do find it weird though that they would get involved with that... what is the benefit to them for it to not be legalized? Is there a disadvantage to them if it were legalized?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know what they gain from this at all. Seems a tire company should just stay unbiased on these kind of topics.

Kind of a slap in the face to their workers too who see them throwing around a million like it's nothing, instead of giving raises or whatever.

zrickety

The Fixer
Reading between the lines I'm guessing it's a petroleum industry tactic as they are afraid of hemp alternatives.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Businesses should stay away from publicizing their position on politics, religion, personal liberty issues, etc.

Nothing to gain but alienating somebody.

Duh.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Businesses should stay away from publicizing their position on politics, religion, personal liberty issues, etc.

Nothing to gain but alienating somebody.

Duh.

Whaaaat. Sometimes you have to address things, and sometimes you image yourself to appeal to certain consumers, etc. Discount Tires move here doesn't make any sense though, except someone mentioning something about hemp competition. I'm sure DT calculated the risk of alienating costumers before doing whatever they did. I don't see most people caring enough to stay away from cheap tires and local store convenience in order to boycott DT, so maybe that's what DT thought too.