GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discount Tire gives $1 million to campaign against marijuana legalization

Will Discount Tires Recent Donation Change Where You Shop?

• Screw the hippies! I will continue shopping at Discount Tire

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Meh, I don't care as long as I get my tires

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • GIMME DAT WEED. I will no longer support this business

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Doesn’t personally affect me, but I will not support them

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, probably. I don't like smoking pot, but by far the most harmful thing about marijuana is getting caught with it.

I'm in negotiations with an employer in the cannabis sector right now. I'm totally pro legalization and have always been, even if the effects of it aren't really for me.

Edit: And there's absolutely no way I'm ever willingly adding to the coffers of a 'pray the gay away' program through my consumerism. I may have non PC 2020 opinions on plastic surgery dependent personas, but pray the gay away is disgusting. Cho-mos in glass houses casting stones.

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
If you own a business you can do what you want.

tried doing multi-quotes but failed. Rather than 3rd attempt this is the only stuck one. It isn't what I believe you are saying but is discrimination (of any type) allowable if that's what they want?

Props to them for closing....their choice.

I think it was MonkeyMD who mentioned closing one day week. I have mixed feelings about it but yeah not a bad idea.

fwiw I'm a strong Atheist but I have no problem with religion if it's what you like. The majority of the writings of any religion are good. I did smile at the Muslim suggestion. Sadly that is correct and folks would freak out .

CFA 1x and I'd rather eat a mediocre burger than chicken. I would still go to discount tire even though I'm somewhat for legalization even though I no longer partake (sober 10 yrs!) but the chain in NE is townfair.

Jim (yes I did see orig post date and this seems to be a good revival)

Last edited: