GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Footwell lights retrofit - questions

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Yup, that would be it in your case. You will want to match the bulb types though, LED or incandescent. I believe the stock ones are incandescent but the pictures in the listing look like LED's (listing also has a mention about colors not matching factory fronts but still doesn't mention bulb types). Just remember all the footwell lights are powered by the same output from the BCM so you want similar resistance in all the bulbs. If you have already replaced your stock bulbs with LED's I would just get a another set, that way you know for sure they are match. And if you haven't, would be cheap to just buy a set of four.

For clarity, you would run them to the bottom of your front seats, wiring will follow the existing wiring. If you secure it to that it should ensure you have the needed slack for moving the seat front to back without the wiring getting caught on anything.
Awesome - thank you so much for this info! I will keep you guys posted when I recieve it and get around to installing it.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Installed them. The drivers side harness is causing a Short Circuit to Ground error. Doesn’t matter if I unplug the actual LED from the driver rear, it only works when I unplug the harness from the driver front LED.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Wires on driver’s front side plug might be in wrong position. 50% chance 😃.
Compare driver front plug w/ driver rear plug. Should be wired the same.

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Wires on driver’s front side plug might be in wrong position. 50% chance 😃.
Compare driver front plug w/ driver rear plug. Should be wired the same.
I just checked - they are all wired the same. So strange...

Attachments

• DB90FDC5-E042-4F95-AD2A-842B5FE62FF8.jpeg
    DB90FDC5-E042-4F95-AD2A-842B5FE62FF8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • A7D79B0B-7835-4F56-B4B8-7E931C7FC51A.jpeg
    A7D79B0B-7835-4F56-B4B8-7E931C7FC51A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • BB08DC5D-D1B7-41C0-A472-6883078C0FBE.jpeg
    BB08DC5D-D1B7-41C0-A472-6883078C0FBE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 126

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Can you test other footwell LEDs in driver’s front position instead?

Nissanskylinen1

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'16 R w/DCC & Nav
Can you test other footwell LEDs in driver’s front position instead?
Works perfectly fine with the others in it. Tested the rear driver light and it lighted right up without any issues.

The weird thing is that it will turn on the first two times when installed as intended and then quit working the third time. I think it’s because LEDs are bi directional?

Last edited: