GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do moog endlinks come pregreased

crumbla

Installing my rear sway bar this week and wanting to know if i need to buy a grease gun and grease for my moog end links, they have the spot for the grease to go in but do i need to for the install? Do they come pregreased from the factory? will they make noise if i dont?

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
They have a small amount of grease to keep them from seizing while sitting on the shelf, so you will want to fully grease them before use.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
They will need to be greased initially and periodically after that or else they will clunk. Make sure you use enough grease.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Like posted above they do have a little grease on them, but grease them once you install them. And unless you want them to rust paint them as well. They are known to develop surface rust within days of weather exposure. I washed mine with undiluted all purpose cleaner, sprayed them with Prep-All and sprayed them with VHT satin black epoxy paint.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I've installed a few pairs of moogs without adding additional grease and they have been fine. I guess more grease can't hurt. Definitely paint them! I hit mine with VHT black caliper paint before installing my last two sets and they both look great. The set I installed with no paint has surface rust.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I've installed a few pairs of moogs without adding additional grease and they have been fine. I guess more grease can't hurt. Definitely paint them! I hit mine with VHT black caliper paint before installing my last two sets and they both look great. The set I installed with no paint has surface rust.
Mine started clunking after only 3 months. I added grease, because I didn't initially, and the clunks went away.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
Jeez, I'm a moron... have had moog endlinks for a couple years and although i painted them (crinkle red), I didn't know anything about greasing them! Thanks again for this forum, it really helps us dum-asses...

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Moog recommends greasing them with any heavy lithium or synesthetic grease. They are packed with a green shelf life grease as mentioned above. I'd also grease them every 10-15K or at least once a year depending on driving from there. They have a relief slit so you can flush them.

https://www.moogparts.com/technical...quirements-for-steering-suspension-parts.html

No issues or clunks on any of the cars I've installed the moogs on so far.. But good info and will likely grease mine.