GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dog for dinner...

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
On Sunday I was sitting on the couch watching the NFL championship games enjoying my awesome view out of both of the windows that surround the TV/fireplace....

When I saw what was either a huge bird or a small plane came past the window, it peeked my interest and I went to go check it out. I went out onto the deck and there was a massive hawk circling around in the sky and then just dive bombed down and a took a run at the neighbors chihuahua. Luckily for the dog the Hawk came up empty handed. I grabbed my camera and kinda kept an eye out for if it came back. About 20 minutes later it did.

The dog was in the yard barking at a runner out on the trail, he had no idea the hawk was directly above him stalking him from on the roof.

The span of it's talons were as wide as the downspout. It was pretty intense watching it unfold waiting to see what was going to happen. In the end the Hawk took off, circled for a bit, and then just went back to a tree in the open space. The dog did not end up being dinner.... yet.

vdub10golf

Go Kart Champion
Nice view. Where at in CO are you? I'm around SW Denver. I saw one of those at Lookout Mtn not too long ago

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
So the question of the day is.....are you gonna warn the neighbors or set up a 24/7 Camera to catch the ensuing carnage?

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
I give that story a 1/10. By title of the thread, I assumed while reading the story that the dog would have indeed been for dinner but I was thoroughly let down.

I agree with miked617, set up a camera and catch footage of said dog becoming dinner, and report back.

I fucking hate chihuahuas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
So the question of the day is.....are you gonna warn the neighbors or set up a 24/7 Camera to catch the ensuing carnage?

If it was an isolated thing I would have. The town has been very vocal about not letting small pets outside alone or off leash, especially lately. Typically that's because of coyotes though. It's there mating season and they get territorial, in the past couple weeks there have been multiple instances of coyotes being aggressive towards runners with their dogs on the trail out back. The coyotes live throughout the open space areas, our properties have a waist high pretty open fence separating our yards from the open space.... if they aren't be cautious already it's on them.