GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
I have one of those dog canvas things for the backseat of my Alltrack. But it’s still not enough to prevent the dogs from trying to put their front paws on the center console. Anyone use any kind of F/R partition to keep the dogs in the backseat? I actually still have the cargo cover from my last MK7 (oops, forgot to put it back in before trading in) so I’ve been using that but it’s really not meant for it, one day the loop is gonna break on the tiny little fabric loops
I use *this*for the back seat dog cover, he's not able to put his paws on the center console but he is able to stand up with his head above it, allowing him to slobber on the console if he was just out running around. Hasn't really been an issue though. He gets the doors kinda dirty but that's probably because I usually don't bother hanging up the side portions

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
I use *this*for the back seat dog cover, he's not able to put his paws on the center console but he is able to stand up with his head above it, allowing him to slobber on the console if he was just out running around. Hasn't really been an issue though. He gets the doors kinda dirty but that's probably because I usually don't bother hanging up the side portions
Yeah I don’t put the side portions up either, it would just make getting them in the car more difficult/annoying. My backseat cover is very similar to the one you posted. I guess I’m just hoping for a better alternative than re-using the cargo cover from my previous MK7 GTI as the F/R partition keeping the little one in the back. The pittie is the chillest least annoying dog you could hope for in the car, she just chills and loves to be included for the ride, whether the window is up or down she doesn’t make a peep.

the little one... the Malinois. Holy shit man, she has INSANE nerves, she gets SO excited/worked up in the car she’s inconsolable. It’s really jarring and puts me on edge which is unsafe and just plain stressful. What’s weird is I’ve had the baby since 5 weeks, and she’s been in the car daily ever since. Only started getting bad in the car in the last 2 months. I hope it’s a phase

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Yeah I don’t put the side portions up either, it would just make getting them in the car more difficult/annoying. My backseat cover is very similar to the one you posted. I guess I’m just hoping for a better alternative than re-using the cargo cover from my previous MK7 GTI as the F/R partition keeping the little one in the back. The pittie is the chillest least annoying dog you could hope for in the car, she just chills and loves to be included for the ride, whether the window is up or down she doesn’t make a peep.

the little one... the Malinois. Holy shit man, she has INSANE nerves, she gets SO excited/worked up in the car she’s inconsolable. It’s really jarring and puts me on edge which is unsafe and just plain stressful. What’s weird is I’ve had the baby since 5 weeks, and she’s been in the car daily ever since. Only started getting bad in the car in the last 2 months. I hope it’s a phase
If she's only 9 months old then it's probably an extra burst of puppy energy she's going through. Especially if she knows she's going to the dog park or somewhere else she really loves. Have you tried walking or playing with her before getting in the car so she's not at maximum energy/excitement?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
If she's only 9 months old then it's probably an extra burst of puppy energy she's going through. Especially if she knows she's going to the dog park or somewhere else she really loves. Have you tried walking or playing with her before getting in the car so she's not at maximum energy/excitement?

Yeah I've been taking her around the block to go number 1 and 2 before going on the actual walk which has helped, but hasn't solved it. the gf and I began using the spray bottle this week for generally annoying behaviors - she's responded miraculously well lol. she got the idea immediately.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Malinois is the definition of maximum energy.
yeah. all things considered she's a pretty good dog and isn't TOO crazy for a puppy. I can handle her. but im not disciplined myself so im not great for disciplining my dog haha. they're the number 1 cop dog so highly trainable, and she responds well to what little I've done. I also think the pittie being her older sister/role model/primary influence has really helped her learn how to behave in general. the pittie is so chill and sweet. doesnt bother anyone, isnt annoying, doesnt beg for shit. doesnt even ask to go to the bathroom, ever. she'll just hold it forever. least intrusive, least offensive little angel in the world

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Yeah I've been taking her around the block to go number 1 and 2 before going on the actual walk which has helped, but hasn't solved it. the gf and I began using the spray bottle this week for generally annoying behaviors - she's responded miraculously well lol. she got the idea immediately.
ya tbh I don't know much about Malinois but according to AKC daily walks aren't going to be enough for her. you'll have to keep her stimulated through training, games, 'jobs', etc otherwise she'll likely be going crazy with energy. luckily you have the pit around to help, i would get them a good tug of war toy if they don't have one already

riceburner

Autocross Champion
This is Wumbis, the pomeranian

Its hard ti get pictures of Wumbis.

Dont be like Wumbis.

Attachments

• 20210215_114828.jpg
    20210215_114828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 177

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Just realized this wasn’t the same dog thread I’ve posted in before.
Here’s Copper.
412B7B5C-83D5-4D3D-BF58-5A97BAF83073.jpeg

He’s a Black Mouth Cur rescue. We got him 3 years ago, shortly after the passing of our first dog as a family, Nismo, also a rescue and we weren’t sure of his age. Fuck Cancer. That shit sucked and it went downhill real quick.
Copper is my favorite child. He goes most places with me. He keeps me smiling.
A8D43418-CB0E-4C40-A4FE-427D85B51D51.jpeg

This is Lucaya
F72E4729-2E9C-42D7-93A1-24CFE080C5B3.jpeg

She’s a Royal Bahamian Potcake. Rescued right after Hurricane Dorian demolished her island, Abaco. She was born that weekend with 9 others. Her right ear never properly formed so it’s always pointed upwards.

Here’s Sunny
2B1215CB-F1DB-4B78-AF81-8540918CF5E5.jpeg

She’s a Boykin Spaniel. Trained bird dog, but she’s now retired and spends most of her day lazy on the couch dreaming of game fowl.
Always gonna have a pack.
9D3DF4FF-9927-4BAB-B56B-8D1A2E3A7327.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Here’s Copper.
View attachment 204471

He’s a Black Mouth Cur rescue. We got him 3 years ago, shortly after the passing of our first dog as a family, Nismo, also a rescue and we weren’t sure of his age. Fuck Cancer. That shit sucked and it went downhill real quick.
View attachment 204474

This is Lucaya
View attachment 204477
She’s a Royal Bahamian Potcake. Rescued right after Hurricane Dorian demolished her island, Abaco. She was born that weekend with 9 others. Her right ear never properly formed so it’s always pointed upwards.

Here’s Sunny
View attachment 204480
She’s a Boykin Spaniel. Trained bird dog, but she’s now retired and spends most of her day lazy on the couch dreaming of game fowl.
View attachment 204484
Great dogs and great pictures. Thank you for rescuing Lucaya.

Beju

Go Kart Newbie
This is Apollo. My sister-in-law got him, then he ended up becoming our dog. He's a 6 year old Shih-Tzu/Maltese mix, who's on the big side for that mix (15lbs), but he knows he's a little lapdog. He'll bark at bigger dogs as a bluff because he's scared; he flees when they get closer. He's also been good with my kids, probably because we used to babysit my wife's then 4 year old niece when he was a puppy. He's also good about comforting people when necessary. I was quite proud of him the first time he saw a buddy's wife after she or diagnosed with breast cancer. Even though there were plenty of other people to get attention from, and he usually likes my buddy better than his wife, Apollo went right to her lap and laid his head on her. She said, "Aww, I think he knows." I figured that even if he couldn't smell the cancer's biochemical changes, he could smell the injury from where her chemo port was just put in.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_184839.jpg
    IMG_20200525_184839.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 174
  • IMG_20200727_023438.jpg
    IMG_20200727_023438.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 177

Daks

Autocross Champion
Here’s Copper.
View attachment 204471

View attachment 204474

This is Lucaya
View attachment 204477

Here’s Sunny
View attachment 204480
View attachment 204484
All three on the bed eh? And yes, fuck cancer, took my old best friend away from me at only eight years old - RIP, G:

Gidra.jpg