GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Daks

Autocross Champion
That's just not possible anymore and it's not worth putting him through that. It's more important that I keep him eating and that he gets his pain pills twice a day. If he stops eating and I can't get him to eat his pills I just feel like he's going to spiral downward and it'll be over for him. Last week I didn't think he had more than a couple weeks left. About 5 months ago he pretty much stopped walking entirely until I got him to the vet and on some pills/therapy. It's amazing he's still going.
Ok - I agree, I didn't know he was old. Give the guy the world. Steroids are awesome when they are near their end. Good luck man.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Thanks. He's on tramadol, gabapentin, and novox. Then recently they got him on some chinese hindquarter weakness pills. He's gotten an adequan injection every week for almost 5 months now. Sometimes he gets cold laser therapy. We tried acupuncture last week, but that went terrible. He hated it and I can't believe the vet continued without a muzzle. Just been doing everything I can. I even buy socks for him and then grab a needle and thread and modify those socks in a way that helps him walk. It helps keep his foot pointed forward instead of down when he picks his foot up, so when he puts his foot back down he steps on the bottom of his foot like he's supposed to instead of walking on the tops of his feet and dragging his knuckles. It helps to a point, but without them he's all over the knuckles. At least with the socks he can be a little more independent.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I took this a couple days ago. He was having a pretty good day here. 5 minutes after the video he was dragging his feet though, but then another 5 minutes after that and he was walking around with a toy.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Here's an old video I remembered I had. There was a fire department just down the road so fire trucks and ambulances were always driving by with their sirens on. He started doing this on his own at some point, but I only caught it on camera this one time.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Hang in there man and just enjoy the time you have with him. I remember taking one video of my old pup days before he passed - I'm glad I did.

I did the same, I really can't even watch it now. I went searching through old phones and memory cards for videos when he was a pup to preserve the memories. Sucks when they get old.

Bernie and Taylor.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Co-Pilot

1626631493470.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Let's bump this thread.

Here's my boy Dr. Henry Jones Jr. (Indy for short)

And here's what his sharp nails mixed with fatass did to my rear seat back when I was only using a blanket stolen from an airline over my seat.

Attachments

• Resized_20210823_140129(1).jpeg
    Resized_20210823_140129(1).jpeg
    974.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 20201209_143546.jpg
    20201209_143546.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 148

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Dogsitting at my parents house for a week while they help my sister move into her first house over in LA.

we got him the summer I graduated high school, and I stayed home through college so he’s very much my little brother still. Miss this little chicken so much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 143