GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dogs

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
My sweet pups. Best thing to come from TX.

1654738546102.jpeg

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Happy July 4th! (I know I'm late) We took the girls swimming at St. Peter's Village then went for some drinks and lunch before going home to hide from the fireworks. They were exhausted enough to barely care about all the booms!

IMG_20220704_170748_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20220704_172651_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20220704_170741_Bokeh.jpg

Gr33nBunny

Drag Racing Champion
Another nice day another cold beer and pups making friends. We had a great time bar hopping yesterday, it was too nice to stay at home so we took them out for lunch. The furry Golden is only about 13 months old, she was actually Raven's "puppy training" friend, who helped us prep for Nora.

Willow's Creek brewing in West Reading is where Willow the golden and her older brother Declan the Jack Russell are usually found. It's a great place thta does a lot of fund raising and stuff for local animal rescues and other charities, plus they have awesome drinks.

IMG_20220717_134225.jpg
IMG_20220717_135241_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20220717_160159.jpg
IMG_20220717_135458.jpg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Choochootrain isn't feeling it today
1659982616094.png

cb1111

Do dogs feel remorse?

She brings me her squirrel (one of those long flat ones with the rope inside and no stuffing so nearly indestructible) and I start chasing her until we get to the rug in the hallway (where she gets traction) and we battle over the squirrel. We are always very careful (nobody is ever even remotely hurt) and she loses her grip on the squirrel and then lunges for it and scrapes my hand - no bloodshed and it isn't even red anymore - but she immediately stopped, looked surprised, then proceeded to lick my hand. Then she went and picked up another toy and dropped it at my feet.

There had to be some sort of "whoops, I accidently hurt him, let me make it better" going on.

Discuss.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Do dogs feel remorse?

She brings me her squirrel (one of those long flat ones with the rope inside and no stuffing so nearly indestructible) and I start chasing her until we get to the rug in the hallway (where she gets traction) and we battle over the squirrel. We are always very careful (nobody is ever even remotely hurt) and she loses her grip on the squirrel and then lunges for it and scrapes my hand - no bloodshed and it isn't even red anymore - but she immediately stopped, looked surprised, then proceeded to lick my hand. Then she went and picked up another toy and dropped it at my feet.

There had to be some sort of "whoops, I accidently hurt him, let me make it better" going on.

Discuss.
I think dogs have emotions. One of mine is pretty sensitive and has a lot of different, demonstrated emotions from day to day. My dogs show affection all the time, but they also show different emotions as well. We recently got an electric fence and my dogs have both shown what I’d consider sadness and depression that they can’t go roam around with reckless abandon. I don’t think it’s the same as human emotions, but I do think it’s similar. I’d be willing to bet that most dog owners would agree that dogs have emotions.

Remorse? Hard to say but I think they’re capable.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Do dogs feel remorse?

Discuss.
I absolutely think they do. I always hear that it's just them reacting to our emotions, but one of my dogs used to act ashamed after doing something "bad" (accident, throw up, ate something), even if we didn't know he had done it yet.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Do dogs feel remorse?

Discuss.
You train a puppy not to bite by letting out an exaggerated "OW!" when they bite your hand. So yes, even when they're young they're aware of their actions to a certain degree, including if they hurt you. Same thing when playing puppies play with each other, they normally like to play fight/wrestle and will let each other know they're being too rough by letting out a welp

cb1111

I absolutely think they do. I always hear that it's just them reacting to our emotions, but one of my dogs used to act ashamed after doing something "bad" (accident, throw up, ate something), even if we didn't know he had done it yet.
Yeah, ours does the same thing. Sometimes we have to figure out what she did - most of the time it was just going into a room she isn't allowed in and she went in when we weren't home - but this was different.

She never does anything that gets her into trouble, so this was an actual "I'm sorry". We've played since and it was all normal.