GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Door Mirrors

joepig

Hi,
Did or does anyone get folding door mirrors supplied as standard with the Style model,is it possible to add or activate them later

Trickydickie

No they are manual only. I doubt that you will be able to activate them at a later date because as as far as I know, they do not have any motors.

joepig

Reply from VW UK no they don't,this first lot of 8's don't have the option in the UK ,they may have elsewhere in the world but not in the UK.
They are not an add on option and must be fitted on the production line.
The next released lot/update will have them in the UK

Gazinet

Picked my Golf 8 Style on 2nd November and it has heated and folding mirrors as standard.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Thats why i waited so i would have the side assist/ folding mirrors standard on the style/ehybrid here in Ireland.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Anyone wanting to update the mirror blinker indicators to the Osram dynamic blinkers, here are the part numbers:
White edition: LEDDMI 3G0 WT S (Suitable for the following vehicles: VW Golf VIII (2020-),VW Passat B8 (2015 -),VW Arteon (2017 -).)
Black edition: 5H0052215 (Suitable for the following vehicles: VW Arteon (2017-), VW Golf VIII (2020-), VW ID.3 (2020-), VW Passat B8 (2015-).)

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Yes it is easy enough, did it a couple weeks ago.

Be sure to pull the mirror out without pushing down-wards, using your fingers and a tool like in the photo to help you.
Remove the 2 cables connecting the mirror.
On the inside of the mirror, release the 2 plastic tabs at the top to remove the cover and remove the blindspot light connector (Press the tab on the connecter to release)
Remove the Led strip connector and remove screws.
Install the new Led strips and put everything back together again.
Tool.JPGtempImageIQ1jIr.pngtempImagehVurOP.pngtempImageVqt3TD.pngtempImage8bPZsH.png

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
On the subject of electrically folding mirrors, I reccomend any would-be purchaser of a Mk8 try the car in their garage before pulling the trigger. I didn't and while I'm happy with the car despite the body being of smilar width to the Mk7 the mirrors are mounted lower down on the doors, where the car starts to widen out. Meannig that even when folded I only have 1/2 inch clearence on either side when driving the car into my garage :unsure:.See pic, not the greatest illustration but you hopefully can see what I'm getting at....

Attachments

• G8 Garage.jpg
    G8 Garage.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited: