GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

down pipe

ahsumlv

Passed Driver's Ed
I was wondering if there is any aftermarket down pipe with a cat; that I can put on my MKV, that is also legal in California?

Thanks!

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'm not aware of one.

Any modification to the emissions system that doesn't have a CARB (California Air Resources Board) exemption number is illegal.

SpoonGTi

NOM NOM NOM...
Car(s)
what else...
I think that you need a minimum of a 5 or 600 cell cat in order to pass the tailpipe inspection. But I could be wrong, you might have to look that up.

Last edited:

rysskii3

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Nope. There isn't any aftermarket downpipe that uses a 50 state legal catalyst.

Now, a bunch of 49 state cats will pass the sniffer test. But not the paperwork part.
He is correct. I did the smog test with 3 inch Eurojet TBE and got 63 point when my max was 4. At the end, I had cops and state referee look at my Eurojet exhaust, and neither could find that its not oem besides the sound.

Sent from Evo 4G.

ahsumlv

Passed Driver's Ed
does the 3 inch Eurojet TBE sound good? I have a 3" APR RSC catback already; and want to get a down pipe, I am looking for a good, slightly more aggressive sound.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
get bb dp op

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Oh yeah. Don't forget, my car was heavily moded when the test was done.
I figured as much, but the "and neither could find that its not oem besides the sound" comment made me think that maybe they used their judgement and passed you.

How did you resolve this?