GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe Fitment

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
I'm starting to look into a downpipe for the GTI. I've held off getting one, as it allows me to go Stage 2 and the consequent black hole of more mods that comes with doing so.

I have a 2.75" Milltek exhaust and really do like it, so I am trying to not change from that.

My question is which catted downpipes would be the best to fit onto the "in between" size of my exhaust? Yes, I know that Milltek makes a downpipe that will match up exactly, but I am wondering if there are other options?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
the miltek catback mates to stock downpipe good? Then you could use any downpipe that would mate to stock catback.

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
Very good point...

I'll start looking at other companies and see which will provide the least "known" issues with CEL and Emissions in PA while running the COBB tune.

Mk6_vic

Ready to race!
AWE catted dp gives you no CEL issues. Pricey but I love it. No issues with it on out in CA smog tests. Didn't get a visual done though. So I didn't have to swap my OE dp

kiyoshi147

Ready to race!
AWE catted dp gives you no CEL issues. Pricey but I love it. No issues with it on out in CA smog tests. Didn't get a visual done though. So I didn't have to swap my OE dp

Thanks for the info. If it can pass CA it shouldn't have any issues where I do my inspections in PA.

Also AWE is local to me, and I've been looking for a reason to go over there. I'll definitely add them to the consideration list.