GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG delayed engagement going into drive

ThisIsntMyJeep

Car(s)
2008 GTI
I have an 08 FSI with the DSG transmission and 98k on the clock, all the shifts are smooth however I do have an issue where the shift from park to drive is quite delayed. Like if you hit the throttle it just revs until the transmission engages then it jerks forward. I now shift it and then wait a second before hitting the gas and there are no issues. Like I said, while driving all the shifts are smooth and feel fine, its just that delayed engagement shifting into drive. Anyone have any experience with that or how to fix?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Are you just waiting a second or is the delay longer?

Is the car rolling when you put it into D?

Does the delay seem to be longer when the engine is cold?

BurgerGuy

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'07 K04 GTI
Has the gearbox been serviced every 40k per manual specifications? You could try to reset adaptation on the transmission. That usually gets rid of any strange behavior.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/6-Speed_Direct_Shift_Gearbox_(DSG/02E)

A one second delay shifting from P to R, P to D, or vice versa isn't uncommon for this gearbox, but the jerking forward is a bit odd although I always wait until I feel the transmission engage D or R before giving it gas.

ThisIsntMyJeep

Car(s)
2008 GTI
Thank you for the reply! The transmission has been serviced every 40k at the local dealership. I wasn't so much worried about the delay as I was the jerky/surging feeling.