GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dumb Question

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
So who pre mixes G13 in a separate container than adds it to the reservoir VS just adding equal parts distilled water and G13 directly into the reservoir?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
(puts up hand)

But don't let that dissuade you. It's probably still a good idea.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Im good at eyeballing, so I go water then coolant. But thats cause I know how much. You can eff it up if you put too much of either then when you pour the other and there's no more room-- so you just fucked up the dilution. For those people, I recommend pre mixing lol

DAS_STIG

Banned
Is it really important to get exactly 50/50?seems like a bit extra either way wont do much harm - one way a bit extra cooling, other way a bit lower extreme temp viability. Unless you are in crazy cold -40 temps or seriously romping it on track wont make much difference.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
From what I read, if ur only a little bit low add some distilled water. If ur a lot low use G13 make sure u 50/50 mix it as its concentrate. If ur like me, I added some sh*t from autozone that they said would work. Couple splashes. Car hasnt blow up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Legend has said for years that non g13 pink stuff coagulates and basically turns to jəllö when mixed with g13.

I've read about that for 14 years or so.

Haven't heard of anyone actually experiencing those consequences.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Legend has said for years that non g13 pink stuff coagulates and basically turns to jəllö when mixed with g13.

I've read about that for 14 years or so.

Haven't heard of anyone actually experiencing those consequences.

Ya on the other thread I got some replies that I should flush or I might be ok. I do know what your taking about tho, makes the bubble look brown lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Unless as mentioned above, if youre in harshly cold temps or a track monster (neither apply to me) you'll be fine eyeballing. Im OCD and had to use oem g13 only. I was lucky my dealer had it on hand for even cheaper than what I could get it for online surprisingly. And if you're a tad low, topping with distilled water is fine. At one point, the light came on and I was alarmingly low, reservoir turned out to be almost empty! I was sure I had a leak somewhere, but no evidence in and around the system. refilled with 50/50, after a few drive cycles, nothing. *shrugs* Weird.