GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynamic Background Lighting on all Golf 8

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
I have spoken today with VW weconnect asking about the function Dynamic Background Lighting, they tell me that there are some Golf8 in Germany that do have it and that VW plans to adapt the hardware and software of all Golfs to be able to use this function, we must be attentive! does anyone know anything more about this? @Massimo 2323 you know something? thanks and regards

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
I asked the weconnect team a while back and here is the answer:

The dynamic background lighting is the functional ambient lighting. This extension of the basic ambient lighting include warnings or information for the driver are displayed via colour signals and ambient lighting. Functions can be visualised in colour, e.g:

- Staging locking/unlocking.
- Acceleration visualisation in sports mode.
- Visualisation of child safety lock and window regulator lock.
- Feedback open door while driving.
- Display of hazard warning flashing on ambient lights.

We would also like to inform you that the Ambient Lighting Effect (Additional Functions) has additional features e.g. showing the acceleration via the ambient light.
Dynamic Background Lighting expands basic background lighting to include intuitive display of various functions. Depending on equipment, this includes warnings and information such as the acceleration indicator or door warning.

Last edited:

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes this are the funcions but, they told me that only are in the newest Golf and the plans of VW is upgrade for all the Golf with a software and hardware future upgrade, i need more information! Hopefully soon! @Massimo 2323

Last edited:

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I dont find it. What is the model exaclty? Thanks! But why Seat have this function and Golf Mk8 not? 😅
Presumably it’s the current model Leon - the mk4.

IMHO, it’s not that unusual for equivalent models (Golf, Leon A3, Octavia) under the different VAG brands to have different features and functions, as the customer profile for each respective brand - and what those customers consider to be important in a vehicle - is likely to be different.

Sergio MV

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks! Yes but, the newests Golf have this function and I think that another VW like T-roc have it too, and the information in weconnect service is that VW wants to upgrade all the Golf models software and hardware to fix this function, is you know something about this told me please! Hah

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
This function was actually available to all Golf 8 this time last year and was removed a few weeks later because it was not working properly. At the time the weconnect team said the software/hardware of the My20/21 Golf 8 were not compatible, while My22 were compatible. I would guess with the big software updates it is possible that they could add the functionality to the My20/21 again.