GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East Coast Pipeline Down

Corprin

Autocross Champion
1620869968172.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Gas prices up 20 cents per gallon the last 2 days in Arizona and people are panic buying and that pipeline doesn't send any gas to Arizona. People are just that stupid and the gasoline companies are taking advantage of the situation.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
They’re talking about infrastructure Change so that oil pipelines are no longer “absolutely critical to the function of society” as they are “today.”

because that’s what our planet needs. Oil pipelines always spill and break and destroy the environments around them.

I am aware that the mining that is done to harvest the rare earth metals required for EV Batteries and other high tech equipment like chips is also very degrading to the environment. Gotta start somewhere - move away froM something that is destructive at every stage of its production and use cycle, to something that is destructive in one part of the cycle. Then focus resources on reducing the negative impact of the part that is bad.

sorry if that makes too much sense, or I’m too much of a libtard to understand that climate change isn’t real
Yeah, everything you said is true. Except the libtard snark. I think our fearless leaders are just trying to shut off the taps before we can switch on all the lights. Seems like a bad strategy to me. Choking off the supply when the demand hasn't fallen off isn't going to work, I don't think. Last year there was a protest on a rail line here that had people nearly in danger of freezing because they couldn't get enough propane for heat - that systemic fragility at work.

Bring on the electrons, I'm all for it. Can't wait for the day I can get a Mr. Fusion in the back of my car. It's too bad the 'Peak Oil' scare didn't grow bigger legs back when, because I think we'd be way further down the road today if it had.

cb1111

Yeah, everything you said is true. Except the libtard snark. I think our fearless leaders are just trying to shut off the taps before we can switch on all the lights. Seems like a bad strategy to me. Choking off the supply when the demand hasn't fallen off isn't going to work, I don't think. Last year there was a protest on a rail line here that had people nearly in danger of freezing because they couldn't get enough propane for heat - that systemic fragility at work.

Bring on the electrons, I'm all for it. Can't wait for the day I can get a Mr. Fusion in the back of my car. It's too bad the 'Peak Oil' scare didn't grow bigger legs back when, because I think we'd be way further down the road today if it had.
Yeah - and that is exactly the issue. We've been talking electric cars for a good 20 years now and there is still no infrastructure. You can't turn off the gas until you turn on the electricity.

I've dealt with the Colonial pipeline issue for many, many years as this isn't the first time that it was shut down (although the first due to human influence) and caused the same issues - and then - just as now, the problems for consumers were self inflicted.

I'm an emergency manager. I seldom let my gas tank get below half and make sure that I fill up when a storm is predicted. Temporary disruptions like this are generally no issue except when the news media tells us it is an issue.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Yeah - and that is exactly the issue. We've been talking electric cars for a good 20 years now and there is still no infrastructure. You can't turn off the gas until you turn on the electricity.

I've dealt with the Colonial pipeline issue for many, many years as this isn't the first time that it was shut down (although the first due to human influence) and caused the same issues - and then - just as now, the problems for consumers were self inflicted.

I'm an emergency manager. I seldom let my gas tank get below half and make sure that I fill up when a storm is predicted. Temporary disruptions like this are generally no issue except when the news media tells us it is an issue.
Yeah turn off the gasoline and turn on the natural gas to generate the electricity needed to charge those electric cars.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Guess this means I don't need to put my neighbors heads on pikes to ward off the roaming gangs of cannibals roaming the wasteland looking for gasoline 🤷‍♂️
Mad Charlotte beyond Thunderdome?