GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East Coast Pipeline Down

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Why would the government be laughing all the way to the bank?
A few years back the state funded pension account was broke. So in order for the governor to pay it they stole money from the transportation trust fund. Now, they had done this I believe three time prior. They promised not to do it again. So they put a vote to have a new gas tax fund the TTF and promised not to use it for anything else. It got voted down.

So they re-introduced it for a vote with a
Promise of a decrease in sales tax to offset it. Wait until you see this math.

gas tax increase of $.23/gallon. A decrease in sales tax of .375%. Not 3.75%, .375%. So basically nothing. They knew it wouldn’t be enough to pass the vote, so they coupled it with a ton of senior exclusive tax breaks, the people that don’t really drive all that much, and pushed it through.

to add to this, they wrote the tax in such a way that in times of low demand the tax can multiply.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
What the heck, does your family actually cook real food or something? Unbelievable...

Kids in general drink a lot of milk. Way too much. And not nearly enough water.

The milk advertising industry, long before "Got milk?" was a thing, was probably one of the most successful things ever. Milk shouldn't be the primary liquid kids drink, but after decades of advertising, it mostly is.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion

The milk advertising industry, long before "Got milk?" was a thing, was probably one of the most successful things ever. Milk shouldn't be the primary liquid kids drink, but after decades of advertising, it mostly is.
My parents fell for that. 90's kid here.

swcrow

Autocross Champion

My parents fell for that. 90's kid here.
70s garden hose drinking water kid here.....

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

When my sister was a kid she drank so much milk that she made herself lactose intolerant. We would go out to restaurants and instead of a soda or juice she would order milk. If she was riding her bicycle she would fill her bottle with milk. She started getting sick and had diarrhea every day. Took us a little bit to realize what had happened.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Texas has deep freeze earlier in year & power cuts for days, making petrol difficult to get out of the ground tanks & electric cars difficult to charge...

Now the main oil transportation pipeline from Texas to the eastern USA has problems & petrol/diesel etc is now in "short" supply as everybody panics...

Meanwhile in Ohio the Amish shrug their shoulders & go "meh....what problems..we have horse & buggy".... :ROFLMAO:

P.S.. I used to live in Ohio near-ish to an Amish community....

Chogokin

Autocross Champion

As an 80's kid I drank a lot of milk. Even during recess and lunch at school it was milk. Same with my cousin. I remember he had to drink this tall glass of milk at dinner. I stopped drinking it once I got into high school in the early 90's.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I reckon the oil companies allowed this happen as the price of oil on the open market has dropped due to the lack of demand during the COVID-19 lockdowns...

Now the price has increased..... :unsure:

Oil prices rise on nagging fears of fuel shortages | Reuters

"The market is now concerned about the likelihood of such an event being repeated and about the severity of future attacks.".

No Sh1t Sherlock....but its good for the oil companies profits!!..;)

Of this, in a college class in 1979 my Professor told the class, "Don't get mad kids. Buy their stock." :D Interestingly, Exxon shares sell today for what they did in 2005, Chevron's for what they did in 2011.

Despite pipeline hack prices, I still filled my GTI with 93 Octane (U.S.). :giggle:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Meanwhile in Ohio the Amish shrug their shoulders & go "meh....what problems..we have horse & buggy".... :ROFLMAO:

Why is it when I wrote it & when I read it all I hear is a mock eastern Europe/Russian accent using broken English..???....."Sergei what you do with horse???..... :unsure:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
What the heck, does your family actually cook real food or something? Unbelievable...

We cook for sure. Make our own yogurt and cream cheese. And then lots of cereal. Of course I drink almond coconut milk because of lactose intolerance.

70s garden hose drinking water kid here.....
I was an 80's (and current) hose water drinker