GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electric Smart ForTwo (LOLOLOLOL)

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
I read Edmunds Inside Line every day and I couldn't help but post this up.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...2011-smart-fortwo-electric-drive-passion.html

Summary numbers:
Acceleration
0-30 (sec): 5.6
0-45 (sec): 11.4
0-60 (sec): 22.4
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 22.1
0-75 (sec): N/A
1/4-Mile (sec @ mph): 22.0 @ 59.5

Braking
30-0 (ft): 32
60-0 (ft): 120

Handling
Slalom (mph): 53.5 (Only the Ford F-350 Super Duty King Ranch Crew and Mercedes G550 did worse)
Skid Pad Lateral acceleration (g): 0.69 (better than the G550)

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
The MB dealer gave me one when I had my E55 in for service. What a total piece of crap. You drive the car with the throttle in either on or off position. The automatic transmission actual gets off the power completly when shifting gears. It does this so slowly that it feels like you are driving with someone that just learned how to drive a stick shift. Handling??? If you even want to call it that. :lol:

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
i drove a smart fortwo once. good idea for a car but a horrible car to live with. its a great urban commuter especially for parking. but dont expect too much from the car because it wont bring it. almost better than walking. and the fuel mileage isnt ground breaking.

McQueen77

Banned
that car is a total bummer

x_paradoxal_x

Ready to race!
The MB dealer gave me one when I had my E55 in for service. What a total piece of crap. You drive the car with the throttle in either on or off position. The automatic transmission actual gets off the power completly when shifting gears. It does this so slowly that it feels like you are driving with someone that just learned how to drive a stick shift. Handling??? If you even want to call it that. :lol:

Hang on, let me get this straight: You bring in your merc for some service and as a loaner they give you a Smart???!!!

Dude, that's just plain mean.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
Hang on, let me get this straight: You bring in your merc for some service and as a loaner they give you a Smart???!!!

Dude, that's just plain mean.

At the time of day I brought the car in that's all they had left on loaners. At first I bitched than figured what the hell.