GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Mount -- Is It Done?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The rubber insert of my 034 mount is pushed out towards the wall. Time for a new mount?

PS
No, Diggs, I'm not parting out my car.

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Are they less than a year old? If so they are under warranty but even if not looks like you should give them a call.

Warranty:

• 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)

S62GOAT

I’ve heard sketchy reviews about this engine mount....that’s why I went with Black Forest Industries. I was never able to install it due to a car accident. So I have one with 0 miles if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Typical 034 quality.

I toss those and grab some BFI mounts personally. I have 75k miles on my full set of stage 2 mounts with zero issues

That's kind of what I've been feeling. My OEM mount didn't do that. Also, one of the holes on the 034 trans mount that is for a battery tray fastener is mislocated, so the fastener cannot actually pass through it. Not a big deal, but how difficult can it be to properly locate a hole?

I don't want excessive vibrations, I already have a little from the lower and upper dogbone inserts. I'm thinking of going with BFI stage 1. What'ya think?

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Definitely go with BFI Stage 1. After it settles in there's little to no NVH. I switched from Stage 2 which was laughably race-car feeling.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
this happened to my 034 mounts also. Replaced them under warranty, same thing happened. They said it's normal??? Doesn't affect performance so I'm leaving them for now.
I don't think that's normal because of the distance requirement between the mount and the engine support bracket. That requirement is 10mm. Once the rubber insert gets pushed out, that distance decreases, thereby moving the engine away from its required position. May not be a huge isdue, but engineering requirements are there for a reason. I'll be looking at BFI stage 1 now, not looking to replace 034 mount with the same one, since this will happen again.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I want to support 034 since they're local to me, but my personal experiences buying a few things from them at their shop and the fact that those things have not worn well over time turn me off from giving them further business.

Then I see stuff like this and it makes me want to continue to shy away.
Yep. They are responsive and their customer support is quite good, but my car can't run on that alone -- it needs quality parts.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I’ve heard sketchy reviews about this engine mount....that’s why I went with Black Forest Industries. I was never able to install it due to a car accident. So I have one with 0 miles if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Well, after seeing this thread I went to take a look at my mounts. Low and behold the same issue, mine look to be pushed further outward than Anotero's and the rubber is actually making contact with the body. At least that's what will keep the rubber in place for the time being. It's a shame because I really liked these mounts and I generally like 034 stuff. I will be looking at replacing these with BFI stage 1 mounts most likely.

Last edited: