GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Can you tell me how the street logging works (I know it's using the AP). Like what kind of logs are required for the custom tunes.

Also, if the access port and a custom tune is purchased from EQT, do you get the EQT base map tune as well?

Thanks.

Ed will send you a log file to upload to the AP which is set with all the parameters that he wants to be logged. From there, right before you are about to do a pull on the street, you start the data logging and once you are done, don't forget to stop the data logging. Then, transfer it to the AP Manager on your laptop and download it to your desktop (a simple drag and drop process) and then email the log back to Ed.

For your custom tune, Ed will send you a base map to start with and from there will make revisions once you start doing the pulls on the street.

Last edited:

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
Ed will send you a log file to upload to the AP which is set with all the parameters that he wants to be logged. From there, right before you are about to do a pull on the street, you start the data logging and once you are done, don't forget to stop the data logging. Then, transfer it to the AP Manager on your laptop and download it to your desktop (a simple drag and drop process) and then email the log back to Ed.

For your custom tune, Ed will send you a base map to start with and from there will make revisions once you start doing the pulls on the street.

Thanks. What kind of pulls? 3rd gear at WOT?

Just trying to gauge how much street I need for the pulls.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Thanks. What kind of pulls? 3rd gear at WOT?

Just trying to gauge how much street I need for the pulls.

4th gear towards the end of your tune revisions if you have a safe spot to do that.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Really wish Cobb supported Audi A3/S3. Otherwise I'd be all over it and a tune from EQT.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I don't know exactly. I have an S3 and it has same hardware and software ID in obd11 so it seems to be very similar or near identical, but Cobb doesn't support it and they told me they have no plans to. Part of me wanted to try it and see what happens but I'm sure someone has already tried lol.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I don't know exactly. I have an S3 and it has same hardware and software ID in obd11 so it seems to be very similar or near identical, but Cobb doesn't support it and they told me they have no plans to. Part of me wanted to try it and see what happens but I'm sure someone has already tried lol.

So how can you tune an Audi?

stoked_on_spool

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone tried putting this turbo onto a stock downpipe? I know it'll be more restrictive than a proper downpipe, but I'm in CA and personally like a quieter turbo car and would be interested in seeing what (if any) kind of results people see. I have access to e85 right down the road from me and I'm already protuned on 91 and am thinking of going e85/flexfuel tune also, but I've had my eye on this turbo for years because the bump in power is so impressive for the response time but I'd like to keep my stock downpipe if it won't destroy the cat.

Thanks,

Bret

stoked_on_spool

Passed Driver's Ed
I've spoken with COBB and they're waiting for CARB certification for the DP (could be 1-2+ years still) and if it does receive certification it'll go to the top of my list, but until that point, i'm still floating around the idea of the EQT standard turbo with stock exhaust configurations... it's probably pointless, but hey, figured it was worth an ask in the Q&A thread. lol