GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Just like Megamaid, Wentz went from suck to blow.

MegaWentz.jpg

Last edited:

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Well the 72 hour fail is over. Billy cancelled the EQT and ordered an IS38. I ban myself from posting on gmk7 for 30 days.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Well the 72 hour fail is over. Billy cancelled the EQT and ordered an IS38. I ban myself from posting on gmk7 for 30 days.

Honestly, if you don't have plans to upgrade fueling and run an E blend, that's probably the best bet. Yes, you can run a Vortex on stock fueling with pump gas. Buts it's like driving a Ferrari 45mph. Watching a 480p video on a 4k TV. Dipping your Waygu beef in ketchup. Playing Among Us on a 3080. It's just wasted potential. But for a daily driver, an IS38 will be fine.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Honestly, if you don't have plans to upgrade fueling and run an E blend, that's probably the best bet. Yes, you can run a Vortex on stock fueling with pump gas. Buts it's like driving a Ferrari 45mph. Watching a 480p video on a 4k TV. Dipping your Waygu beef in ketchup. Playing Among Us on a 3080. It's just wasted potential. But for a daily driver, an IS38 will be fine.

Patrick Mahomes puts ketchup on his Waygu beef. 😂

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI

I play 240p games on my 4k tv all the time.
Whatcha saying bout that now?!?!

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Its pretty funny hooking up the mini NES to the 75" 4K Sony I must say.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Its pretty funny hooking up the mini NES to the 75" 4K Sony I must say.

Related to that... After doing a bit of research, I decided to try one of the these dashes. It has an HDMI input, which is 100% going to be run to the glovebox, and an SNES Mini hooked up to it.

MQBS3

Car(s)
Audi S3
Spark plugs for the vortex... NGK R7438-9, or Denso IKH01-27? EQT is saying either one. What are most people running?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Spark plugs for the vortex... NGK R7438-9, or Denso IKH01-27? EQT is saying either one. What are most people running?
They are painfully expensive, but the NGK are the way to go. 7437 might be better for a daily driver. Too many recent issues with sensor and cracking ceramic etc.

MQBS3

Car(s)
Audi S3
They are painfully expensive, but the NGK are the way to go. 7437 might be better for a daily driver. Too many recent issues with sensor and cracking ceramic etc.
I can’t seem to find information online regarding the relative performance difference between the R7437-9 (4654) and R7438-9 (4656).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Probably wiser to just spend the extra $40 up front to get them from FCP, and lifetime warranty replace them every time they wear out.
Plus Rock Auto charges for shipping. Napa usually has them in stock for the same price. FCP least expensive in the long run. Still don't get how FCP can afford that.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
FCP has been backordered for a while now on those maybe call and find out if they’ve replenished stock. With FCP you have to buy the replacement part and pay for shipping both ways for the lifetime warranty. Works well with small expensive parts like spark plugs which are inexpensive to ship.