GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
Anyone have any insight on this error message? Mkvii GTI DSG.

"Error: service vehicle. Only leave vehicle in P position"

Has happened at three random times now.

All three times has been when first starting the vehicle, putting it in Reverse backing up, stopping and then putting vehicle in Drive and pulling away.
All three times it appeared within seconds after pulling away in Dive at speeds less than 5 mph. Error appears in MFD for 3 second max.
All times this happened the vehicle was cold, but I always wait about 20-30 second after starting it before putting it into gear and driving.

Can't reproduce on demand, happens at random

Other possibly unrelated issues I've encountered.
1. Car stalled once while attempting to drive away from sitting on a hill for about 3 minutes in drive.
2. Two occasions, while making the transition from reverse to drive and giving it light throttle it hesitated / jerked. This has only happened when vehicle is cold.
3. When car is cold, and I turn the steering wheel to the very end if it's turning radius I hear a click or slight pop from behind the glove box.
4. DSG chatters (not super loud) in stop and go traffic.
5. Sometimes when the car is warm and I've sat in traffic for a while, I can hear the DSG clutches and gears snapping into place/engagement.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
I've been getting a similar error message, it's never lasted long enough for me to read. Happens soon after starting out with cold engine. Is there a log of these messages somewhere?

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Could try a DSG basic settings via vagcom, or take it in.

I don't own a DSG MK7 so I'm not sure if the procedure is the same.

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
I have an appointment scheduled for Saturday. Just trying to get ideas from others.

The DSG reset is different for mqb vehicles.

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
Anyone else with this issue?

The dealer couldn't find an error code, and said all was fine. I asked to get VWOA involved because something isn't right, the car shouldn't be telling me to NOT drive it.

rapport25

Go Kart Champion
I agree contact head office. Have you got a code reader yourself to check?

I"m sure if you were to drive the car & something was to break. VW would blame you:mad:

Rappy:cool:

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
Yea I have a vagcom cable. The system doesn't store a code for the main "Leave vehicle in P" message.

Last time I scanned it though (a day or so before dropping it off). I had a code in the transmission module. "RPM Signal from ECU - Implausible Signal"

instylz

I know we spoke via pm but I wanted to chime in here as well that I am having the same issue. I am dropping it off on Thursday. Are you waiting on VWOA ?

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
So VWOA wants a video of this happening, from my car. Which is going to be nearly impossible to capture as I have no idea when it is going to happen, and I can't reproduce the error on demand.

It's quite frustrating, having a video of the error isn't going to provide them with any more information than what is already known.

So, basically I have to go buy a dash cam and keep it pointed at my dash 24/7?!

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
This happens to me at least once a day now. It only happens when the car is in manual mode and never leaves a code. VW can't find a code and send me on my way. I don't understand how an error does not log into the system.

#dvrk

Passed Driver's Ed
Does this have to do with possibly your car telling you to get services and they will reset this?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
This happens to me at least once a day now. It only happens when the car is in manual mode and never leaves a code. VW can't find a code and send me on my way. I don't understand how an error does not log into the system.

Have you find a reliable way to duplicate this every time?

I'm trying to capture a video of it.