GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Evo 11 coming?

vj123

Drag Race Newbie
I am pretty sure that it would be a great vehicle. But i am more worried about the sales and service in our shores.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a brand new 2015 Evo X. Owned it for 24,000km and traded for my GTI. The gas mileage was so bad for the amount of driving I was going to do for work. It was the most fun I ever had driving. Loved that car so much.

If this thing happens and comes to Canada I will be first in line with dolla dolla billz in hand. Sign. Me. Up.

GTI Jake

Drag Race Newbie
I can dig it.

350hp and under 40k they’ll sell a ton of them. I kinda doubt that’ll be what we get though

shortyb

Ready to race!
Sure, bring it. Looks a lot like Kim Kardashian though. A bit chunky, expensive and high maintenance.

NoGodGetOverIt

Ready to race!
I loved the eleven years I spent in my IX. However, unless they completely redo the interior, I'm not sure I could go back after my GTI. ;)

Somebody should photoshop the wheels downward on those two conceptual mock-ups...the Evo has always been the king of wheel-gap.

impulsive.ca

Go Kart Newbie
If the new model could bring the prices down for the x, that'd be a good thing. They're still holding stupid high resale.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

I came from a string of STI's which I bought after test driving every model of EVO they brought to the states.

You'll have to pry my dead body out of my GTI. It's the best daily I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Go Kart Champion
It would be nice if they added a sixth gear to the manual, so you can cruise at under 3k rpms at 80 mph.

The lack of a cruising gear always kept me from even considering an Evo.

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion
For that money I'd rather buy an rs3 or a vette.

They're about 4 years too late imho. I've always loved evos but hated what the markets tried to do with em..

BlueHen

Go Kart Champion
For that money I'd rather buy an rs3 or a vette.

They're about 4 years too late imho. I've always loved evos but hated what the markets tried to do with em..

I didn't see in the article where it said they'd be $60K+. :confused:

The last Evo's were $35-42K, depending on which transmission/trim line you wanted. Do you really think they'll nearly double the price?

Twist1

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't see in the article where it said they'd be $60K+. :confused:

The last Evo's were $35-42K, depending on which transmission/trim line you wanted. Do you really think they'll nearly double the price?
I don't buy new vehicles but the two year old Evo market is kind of outrageous for what you get. I would bet a 2020 Evo in 2022 is 30-37

VL3X

Ready to race!
I came from a string of STI's which I bought after test driving every model of EVO they brought to the states.

You'll have to pry my dead body out of my GTI. It's the best daily I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Right there with ya! I do sometimes miss my blue STI interior from my '04 and '06. I've been in a lot of EVOs too.. almost bought a couple, but those interiors were not nice. My STI was quicker and meaner, but the GTI is my favorite overall car I've ever owned.