GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Evo Mag New Civic type R

italia1

Forza Azzurri
I was at chapters again at lunch and they had a huge article on the New Civic Type R and how it compared against other "Hot Hatches"

They tested it against the:

Leon Cupra
Focus ST
Renault Menage
one more I can't remember
and of course The GTI MKV

Basically they said the Type R was just not on par with the other cars available.

GTI and Renault shared first place with 5 out 5 stars and the Type R got 3 and 1/2

It's a really great read, it's in the new EVO mag with the amazing New Alfa Romeo on the cover. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• Alfa romeo 8C Competizione.jpg
    Alfa romeo 8C Competizione.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 540

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
a lot of these car mags list the hondas lower because, if you've never driven a honda, you have to be above 5000 rpms to take advantage of ANY of the power... the thing i find so appealing about the GTI (although i havent driven it yet... lol gotta get to the dealership) is that it has power in the low end too

HiveMind

Event Horizon
Yeah when I had the acura that was the case, due to the i-Vtech engines. But it was still fun, it almost felt like it HAD a mini turbo when vtech engaged

Corleone

Go Kart Newbie
I was at chapters again at lunch and they had a huge article on the New Civic Type R and how it compared against other "Hot Hatches"

They tested it against the:

Leon Cupra
Focus ST
Renault Menage
one more I can't remember
and of course The GTI MKV

Basically they said the Type R was just not on par with the other cars available.

GTI and Renault shared first place with 5 out 5 stars and the Type R got 3 and 1/2

It's a really great read, it's in the new EVO mag with the amazing New Alfa Romeo on the cover. Here's a pic.

They did the same test in the last BBC ToPGear magazine (March 2007).

The cars were:

Honda Civic Type R (new)
Renault Megane R26;
Seat Leon Cupra;
Mazda 3 MPS;
Vauxhall Astra VXR (or Opel Astra);
Ford Focus ST

Regards