EVO or STI?

• EVO

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • STI

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
So, I'm just curious on which you guys like better. I figured it would be pretty objective, since its a VW forum and all. Doesn't have to be EVO9 vs. the new STI, just either generations. Post comments too, if you have an actual reason other than just looks. :biggrin:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
ive always disliked the evo. the sti looks a lot meaner. the evo is just over rated and made out to be more than they are

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Performance wise, the Evo.... Evos have so much potential after market with less right than the STis. A bunch of STIs owners told me "the STi engine isnt built to handle much more, as a result alot of them end up with severe problems, the Lancer is however not built to its full potential yet"

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Neither. For the price of either one, I'd buy a BMW or Audi first any day.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Haha, yea, I know. Its a toss up, they are pretty neck and neck. For some reason, I favor the EVO. I just prefer its looks, heard its engine is more tunable (helps that its been around since like, the first evo). But I must say I like the Subaru name better. Anyone heard any real evidence of one being more dependable than the other?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Both are ugly as hell inside and out. But Performance wise they are decent for the price. I like the EVO better... since a freind borrowed my SUV one weekend and I drove his modded "wingless" EVO all over the place. I'd be in jail if I owned one. I prefer the Kraut Mobile (GTI)!

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, and I'd still get more out of a BMW than a Subaru. Resale value, quality, etcetera, etcetera (fill in the blanks here). That's a no brainer pal.:thumbsup:

So which one would you pick between the evo or sti then? That's the question.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
So which one would you pick between the evo or sti then? That's the question.

Neither. Just as others responded "I'd rather walk," on the thread which American car you would buy. Exterior wise, both cars are uninspiring. Performance is a different story. I haven't driven an Evo, but I have a STI. The STI is very impressive, but the interior was tacky, to say the least. I wouldn't waste my money on either cars.

srbsta

Banned
i was always a STI fan