EVO or STI?

• EVO

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • STI

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters

damo

Oval Newbie
EVO's crush the Subaru's... over and over.. that and a subaru is a pain to work on, Evo is straight forward and a great tuner car.

The 2.0STI motor was out for years but the American version is a 2.5L and they are cheating, thats their own fault... They do have some pretty sturdy trans though.. thats the only thing I'll give them.
Pain to work on :iono: please explain !

We had an article in a motor mag in Australia about 3 months before you got the STi stating the reason you guys have the 2.5 is so initally the car would sell in the U.S market the quote was "lazy driving" eg. more torque. They dont sell the 2.5's in Japan only the U.S, Oz and UK get it. We have only had the 2.5 with the current shape. The Big Daddy "spec C" which is a sub 8min car at the Nurburgring. Is still only 2ltr. :thumbsup:

As far as moding them STi's are king in Australia they have been sub 10 seconds for a few years now and thats an "untubed" chassis.

For less than $8000 AUD or a 5th of the price of the std WRX you can have it doing 11's no problems and if your semi handy with the tools you can do it all inside a day by yourself. All in kit form, no cutting and all brand new gear, the only help you will need is with dyno tunning the car with your new piggyback computer.

Big Donk Tell Everyone:smile:

Everyman is entitled to his opinion though.

damo

Oval Newbie
i haven't driven either. nor do i ever plan to. crap. I'm not a bmw fan, but i rather a 3 series as well.
If everyone is chosing a 3 series BMW over these cars them you clearly dont get what they are about, they are semi Track cars and are built to hawl arse thrashing through the bends and around a track, they are not for cruising around town trying to pick up chicks, while trying to look Fabulose.:laugh:

And before you say M3 which is about the only race orientated car they make, it isn't much quicker around a track than these bad boys. And don't crap on about resale and quality because in four or five years you would loose more than what either car is worth with the BMW.

Quality, have you owned one :iono: Or just read about it. My girl and I had a 2003 328is never again :thumbdown:

Reliability Dont get me started ! END OF RANT !:smile:

Last edited:

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
evo fo sure

gatorfast

man amongst boys
Id take an Evo over an STI...both have an obnoxious spoiler but i cant stand the sti's hood scoop. Plus the Evo responds to mods better and handles better.

bilbos

On the Kop
I haven't driven either and don't plan to.

Part of it for me is the "image" that they have.