EVO or STI?

• EVO

Votes: 23 44.2%
  • STI

Votes: 29 55.8%

• Total voters

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
For people saying the 4g63 is better than the EJ257, well in most aspects, you're correct, but it has been out for a LOT longer.

The Evo gets the motor and the STI gets the drivetrain.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
EVO FTW... Just look at DSMTimes.org in the top 100 of people that actually logged on to show there times the slowest is 12.610 @108.90mph and thats on a stock turbo. Also out of the top 100 only 3 run nitrous, one of the guys I know, he basically did it just because he can, he has brutally fast and experimental cars, has for at least 10 years now. Great guy, AMAZING tuner, Crazy computer engineer type.

Not only that, look up the Evo vs WRX shootouts.. EVO's crush the Subaru's... over and over.. that and a subaru is a pain to work on, Evo is straight forward and a great tuner car. If I had the extra money I would have one. Next in line is a Mazdaspeed6, then a WRX.

And both cars have been around the Japaneese market for a while. The Evo motor is completely different than the old 4g63 that used to be in Eclipses and such. The new ones have been out for about 8-9 years though.. The 2.0STI motor was out for years but the American version is a 2.5L and they are cheating, thats their own fault... They do have some pretty sturdy trans though.. thats the only thing I'll give them.

Last edited:

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
EVO FTW... Just look at DSMTimes.org in the top 100 of people that actually logged on to show there times the slowest is 12.610 @108.90mph and thats on a stock turbo. Also out of the top 100 only 3 run nitrous, one of the guys I know, he basically did it just because he can, he has brutally fast and experimental cars, has for at least 10 years now. Great guy, AMAZING tuner, Crazy computer engineer type.

Not only that, look up the Evo vs WRX shootouts.. EVO's crush the Subaru's... over and over.. that and a subaru is a pain to work on, Evo is straight forward and a great tuner car. If I had the extra money I would have one. Next in line is a Mazdaspeed6, then a WRX.

And both cars have been around the Japaneese market for a while. The Evo motor is completely different than the old 4g63 that used to be in Eclipses and such. The new ones have been out for about 8-9 years though.. The 2.0STI motor was out for years but the American version is a 2.5L and they are cheating, thats their own fault... They do have some pretty sturdy trans though.. thats the only thing I'll give them.

How is it cheating? LOL

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I'm interested in how that STI hatchback is going to look. I'll be keeping an eye out for that one.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Neither. Just as others responded "I'd rather walk," on the thread which American car you would buy. Exterior wise, both cars are uninspiring. Performance is a different story. I haven't driven an Evo, but I have a STI. The STI is very impressive, but the interior was tacky, to say the least. I wouldn't waste my money on either cars.

i haven't driven either. nor do i ever plan to. crap. I'm not a bmw fan, but i rather a 3 series as well.

Hitch

2 Fast
Evo X :drool:
Pure Pleasure Too Me

MastaMind

For people saying the 4g63 is better than the EJ257, well in most aspects, you're correct, but it has been out for a LOT longer.

The Evo gets the motor and the STI gets the drivetrain.

I concur.

I like the Evo's seats better. I never understood why people put down the interior or looks of either vehicle. I don't think the purpose of the cars has anything to do with luxury or looks.

Some people don't want performance only, but you can't dismiss the vehicles based upon principles they weren't designed around.

HACBassoon

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I pretty much agree with that. Maybe its just my age peeking its way through, but I won't turn down a car so harshly just because it has a lackluster interior. Its the only way they can keep costs down, and honestly, I've never sat in an STI or EVO and thought to myself that they are utterly crappy interiors, just simple and to the point. All preference I suppose, but I think Chevy does the same thing with the Z06. Last time I checked thats an extremely highly regarded car as well. All preference tho, i suppose. It creates an interesting discussion tho. :biggrin:

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
If we are talking 2007 STi vs. Evo. STi, because first of all the exhaust note = sex, times 2! and its just a better "do everything car". If the aftermarket seems more Evo friendly is because it is, a simple I4 engine is easy to make cheap parts for without tons of R&D. While the top of the line aftermarket companies make part for both platforms. So overall STi.

As far as in the future the Evo X is HOT! (minus the DSG'ish tranny, give me a 6 spd.)

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
get a 2g Eclipse AWD, basically an evo for about 10k lol. same engine, same potential. Half the price.