GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exposed module under passenger seat?

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
I moved the front passenger seat back a bit and found an exposed darkgray styrofoam boxing in a module with wires leading underneath the seat. What is this and is it supposed to be exposed like that?

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I believe what you are seeing is the bluetooth module and its normal.

DasGTI11

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, I hear you. Freaked me out as well. Not so much that it's there, but that it's styrofoam. Really?

Might as well be cardboard...

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
It doesn't really bother me that its Styrofoam. Its under the seat (I don't put anything under there), keeps the module protected and does not create interference.

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
True. Wish they had wrapped it underneath a carpet flap or something. Oh well. By the way, I'm loving playing audio and using the phone through the car!

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
You are surprised that it's styrofoam?

Have you looked under the rear floor? :lol:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
^^Saves weight :)

DasGTI11

Passed Driver's Ed
You are surprised that it's styrofoam?

Have you looked under the rear floor? :lol:

Saran wrap and dead chipmunks under there?

Sorry, i've never been blessed with a car that had a styrofoam box in it. Do you think it'll double as a can cooler? THAT would be brilliant!

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
Saran wrap and dead chipmunks under there?

Sorry, i've never been blessed with a car that had a styrofoam box in it. Do you think it'll double as a can cooler? THAT would be brilliant!

Dude.

Yes.

BRILLANT!

:lol:

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
They could have carpeted the foam. But it least they didn't put a warning label on it. The dark foam is pretty inconspicuous. You could get one of those under seat drawers to hide it?

xcheck08

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed the module too!

However, does anyone else see wires sticking out by the foot of their seats? I just saw that both driver and passenger seats have a patch of carpet that's been lifted and there are wires sticking out.

I don't see them exposed in the thread below.
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12100

Thanks.