GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

F23T vs TTE420

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

I'll be upgrading to a K04 based turbo in the spring and really have 2 choices.

Either F23T (which i've been reading lots of good stuff about on here) or TTE420 (also lots of good stuff, but not so much on here).

Now, price doesn't really come into it, as once you take shipping and taxes into the equation they are pretty much the same price.

Just wondered if anyone has experience of both? Seems like they are fairly evenly matched to me.

Thanks

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
TTE420 is larger than the F23. Not really BT not really K04 anymore.

Larger compressor and clipped hot side.

Like Phil said lots of potential.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
F23T all the way

Stay away from clipped turbine wheels, it's a ghetto way of increasing flow through the hot side that kills efficiency.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
I swear if I wasn't a struggling college student at a military academy I'd already have a f23t in my GTI... I'm broke as it gets though so if anyone wants to make a GoFundMe and help your boy out...

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
TT420 if you want power now with lots of growth.

Of course you would need about the same supporting mods.

Phil

Thanks Phil.

Want to keep it reliable on stock internals for the time being, but also don't want to go swapping parts again later on. I'm yet to read about anyone throwing a rod or even dropping a valve (due to power) so guess 400 at the crank is still fairly safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
TTE420 is larger than the F23. Not really BT not really K04 anymore.

Larger compressor and clipped hot side.

Like Phil said lots of potential.

Thanks.

Potential is the key word for me. Want something that can grow as I can progress the supporting mods

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
F23T all the way

Stay away from clipped turbine wheels, it's a ghetto way of increasing flow through the hot side that kills efficiency.

Some very good results though. Also look to be very popular and tte do some pretty awesome things with other cars (1040ps rs6 .etc)

Will do some further research on that though and see if anyone has had any issues... Prob a compressor map about somewhere!

Thanks for the input

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Thanks.

Potential is the key word for me. Want something that can grow as I can progress the supporting mods

Well either turbo will get you to the point where you will have to decide on building your motor. I've had to tune down the torque on the f23 since I don't have rods

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
How much more do you think you can to get out of yours? Nearing the limit of the turbo at 400whp?

RichBGTI

Ready to race!
Ha, that's a big number.