GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fastest production car

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Well, yeah, but how many MPGe does it get while seating 9, huh? Huh?!?!?

Ha! That's what I thought!!

You crazy people with your tales of going faster than 70 MPH. That'd be breaking the speed safety limits.

"Daddy, my nose is too stuffy and my neck not enough whiplashy."

Pictured: two kids with very stuffed up noses and a parent who thinks neti pots are ridiculous.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
That was the Tesla S P100D in Ludicrous mode. The Porsche 918 was tested at 2.1. Theres a few tested at 2.3 and 2.4.

That's what I was saying. One or two tenths at 0-60 doesnt matter once you're talking about 0-200+. Since folks want to be pedantic I'll gladly join them.

0-60 happens all the time in reality but I've yet to see anyone running to 200 MPH on the city streets.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion

DAS_STIG

Banned
I don't think this Tesla ran out of steam beating a Dodge Hellcat from a dig and from a roll.

https://youtu.be/zFiw3_uXyyQ

Charger Hellcat isnt in the same 0-60 league. Compare the Tesla to something like the McLaren 720S that also does 0-60 in 2.5. Heres one... the Hellcat traps 130 in the 1/4 while the 720S does 145. Now let's see a P100D vs 720S rolling race lol. Even the Hellcat only seemed to lose due to traction issues when they hit it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Nice, knew it was down there didnt realize it was quite that quick.

Over this side of the pond we have an unnerving tendency to make small, lightweight, cars with big engines in them...usually a Rover V8

There was also:-

Westfield SEight...so lightweight Caterham type car with a Rover V8 in capacities up to 5.1lt with 350bhp & similar torque , & weight of approx. 670kg...0-60 in 4.2secs

Caterham Levante...carbon Kevlar bodied car, with a 2.4lt supercharged V8, with over 550bhp....530kg weight...0-100mph in 8.2secs.....0-60mph in 2.8secs

Ultima GTR 720..looks like a race car & was the work mule for the Maclaren F1 (in older GT spec)...6.4lt, 720bhp...0-60 in 2.5secs...top speed 235mph...

Marcos Mantis GT....4.6lt V8....(Rover)...506bhp, 0-60mph in 3.5secs...

We do nuts road cars over here....nice & small....

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Saw this SSC machine in Philly a couple of weeks ago:
IMG_0173.jpg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Anyone claiming the Tesla is fast is using such a rare scenario, fully charged, pre cooled batteries, certain weather conditions and a bunch of menu selections just to even make it possible. This chart explains all I need to know about Tesla's "performance."

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Anyone claiming the Tesla is fast is using such a rare scenario, fully charged, pre cooled batteries, certain weather conditions and a bunch of menu selections just to even make it possible. This chart explains all I need to know about Tesla's "performance."

Well when you come up against one at a stoplight be aware that the Tesla didn't just make 15 consecutive 1/4 mile runs so it will still beat you.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Well when you come up against one at a stoplight be aware that the Tesla didn't just make 15 consecutive 1/4 mile runs so it will still beat you.
Not really my experience. Even stock, over 40, no trouble with any that weren't P models. I enjoy picking on Model 3's at highway speeds, they don't seem to understand that they're not fast once they're rolling.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Not really my experience. Even stock, over 40, no trouble with any that weren't P models. I enjoy picking on Model 3's at highway speeds, they don't seem to understand that they're not fast once they're rolling.
Exactly look up Tesla 60-130 times on the dragy app, George with the mid ten second quarter mile tin can tesla run low 9s, A guy from Sweden that always produces fast times with his Revo stage 3 Golf R has posted a 10.21 run with a P100D, well within reach of a IS38 gti on E85.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie