GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault P045600 - Evap Emissions (very small leak)

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone ever have this fault code? I have a 2019 R with 6k miles. The car had a JB4 for about 1k miles, and a GIAC stage 1 for about 400 miles. I don't drive the car hard (but also dont think this error code has anything to do with a flash). I cleared the code, tightened the gas cap, but haven't driven it again yet.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
I don't remember the exact code, but it does sound a lot like what happened to me once when I filled up the tank while the car was running. All that it needed was to have the fault code cleared, though I found out about that remedy from the dealer I took it to at the time.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
It was really cold and my wife was in the car with me. I kept it running because I wanted to keep the heater running for her. Up until that point, I never knew that doing this would throw a warning light. Hey, I didn't say it wasn't stupid.

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
i cleared the code, tightened the gas gap, filled the car up (it was less than a 1/4 tank when the error came up), and it hasnt come back in about 50 miles of driving. On my BMW the car has some very specific parameters that have to be performed for the car to even run the check (like 1/4 to 3/4 fill gas tank, car must be driven a certain period of time, sit for a certain period of time, etc). i wonder if the R has something similar.