GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Faulty Tire Pressure sensor???

Flyboy8784

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have issues with the tire pressure sensors??

Driving home from work last night, had it come on....couldnt find my tire pressure gauge but the tires looked and felt fine.

got a new gauge today, all 4 tires read 35 PSI

Any thoughts??? Should i just get it flashed??

snoman

Ready to race!
mine has come on twice now i just reset it with the button in the glove box. i think its when you go over a bump it throws off the sensor or something.

Flyboy8784

Passed Driver's Ed
Didnt even know where the reset was...thanks!

DDGTI

Ready to race!
I don't know about the '10s, but the '11s monitor tires based on tire circumference rather than pressure. If you have an unequal load it will cause the monitor to come on. I had it happen once when my best friend was sitting behind my seat, and my wife and 20 month old daughter were on the passenger's side.

allset

Go Kart Champion
I dont think NA GTI's have the button.

Some times the adaptation values gets screwed up. It sets it self to 5.5bar which is like 80 psi so then it thinks that 35 psi is too low. Sounds like what happened to me last week.. if u have Vag Com go into the control module then to tire pressure under the chassis tab. I think its under adaptation ...hit the up button under channels and i think its some where between channels 3 and 8, keep looking under each channel as u go up for the number 55 . if u see it enter 24 which is 2.4 bar or about 35 psi. enerting 25 would be about 36 psi. U may have to do it for one, two or for channels.

basic disclaimer- this is from memory and just a guess on whats wrong; be careful if ur unsure using vag com, u can cause more problems.

BS2H

Ready to race!
NA GTI's do have the button in the top left if the glovebox. Tire preside sensor comes on if you change a tire, or have uneven pressure in one of the 4 tires.

When I left the dealership, I had it come on. Had my tires changed and my front driver side tire was at 20psi I stead of 35-48. Filled it with air and reset. All good.

Flyboy8784

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok thanks a lot guys. I dont the mind the dealer trips. they always loan me the new toureg as a courtesy car. I love that truck

Keithuk

Go Kart Champion

Bender1

Banned
My 2010 does have a button but not a buttom? The Golf mk5 used to have this but the button was in the centre console not in the glovebox.

To see if you have the Indirect or Direct TPMS just look at the tyre valve are they threaded all the way down?

Volkswagen Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

EU 2010s have the button as well - the reference I make is to NA Spec.

raeuber

Passed Driver's Ed
My 2010 does have a button but not a buttom? The Golf mk5 used to have this but the button was in the centre console not in the glovebox.

To see if you have the Indirect or Direct TPMS just look at the tyre valve are they threaded all the way down?

Volkswagen Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)

Followed the link, it says US cars DON'T use the indirect system, but my valve stems don't look anything like the picture shows for the direct system. Now I am even more confused than before.