GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fender Audio Sound Preferences....

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
Hey everyone! I have a 2016 Golf SE with the fender audio system. I'm currently listening to majority of Hip/Hop & Rap, an Alternative. I'm looking for any suggestions on what I should have my settings set to for a pretty solid listening experience. I know sound is a matter of preference, but I'm just trying to compile some other ideas to try and see if I find a winner. I currently have my settings set to Bass: +4, Subwoofer: +2, Treble: +4, Mid: either 2 or 4, and Fader set to the middle.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bass 4, mid 3, treble 5, sub 6

[emoji1303]

mkygod

Ready to race!
I would suggest using one of your bass/mid/treble settings as a 0 baseline and tune the other two relative from that value.

For example, in nypes settings, he has it as:

Bass 4, mid 3, treble 6.

I would change this to

Bass 1, Mid 0, and Treble 3.

My theory is this helps in a couple ways:

1) Smoother frequency curve: Since you're only dealing with a 3 band eq, there will be valleys in between when you raise the EQ. These valleys will naturally try to go back to 0 on the frequency curve. So if you keep the EQ settings closer to zero, you'll hear less gaps in the sound.

2) Less signal distortion: The higher you go on the EQ, the more signal disortion you get, so its best not to go too high on the EQ.

Last edited:

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
^Better yet, have one of those values less than zero

Treble -2
Mid 0
Bass +2

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Bass +1 mid -5 treb 0. Couldn’t find that right sound until I cut the mid a lot.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Bass +1 mid -5 treb 0. Couldn’t find that right sound until I cut the mid a lot.

Sounds like you're a fan of V-shaped sound signatures, nothing wrong with that, everyone likes different things.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks guys for all the input thus far. I currently have the subwoofer value set to +2. Should I change this at all?

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Personal preference. Also, I will up/down the sub level depending on the type of music I am listening to at the time.

LI_GTI_Guy

Ready to race!
If youre streaming music from your phone you need to take into consideration the music settings are set to as well.

I generally listen to Rock / Metal and my settings are:

Bass +2
Mid +1
High 0
Sub +2
Iphone EQ - Rock

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Just do whatever sounds good to you, depending on what you're listening to. There's no formula or secret setting that's going to sound best on everything, every time. The equalizer is there to tailor the sound to your preference, but every album/artist/genre/song sounds different.

General rules are pretty commonplace: start from flat, subtract before you add, don't scoop out the mids too much or you'll severely attenuate vocals/snare/guitars on most recorded music (as much as it carves out more space for lower frequencies to be heard - common practice - not a fan 99% of the time), try to achieve a balanced sound.

End of the day, if it sounds great to your ears it's the right settings.