GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

first shot with my SB-600

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
so i picked up an sb-600 tonight cuz i thought it was time for me to get into lighting. first off i just wanna say that since i got this, im hooked on lighting. its like a whole new photo world for me. but im still a big noob with this. but here is my first decent shot with it. i made a ghetto studio with a black pillow case lol. ill be relocating the setup since you can see my tv above the left eye. more shots to come, just wanna get this posted for some feedback. all c&c is welcome!

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
no havent got to that yet. ill look into it right now. i thought you can only do off camera flashes with a remote? or can you sync the flash with your camera?

gah, i feel like im learning photography all over again

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
so i tried commander mode via ken rockwells directions and i only got it to work when the built-in flash on the body was popped up and in use. is this how its suppose to be?

nullGTI

Ready to race!
so i tried commander mode via ken rockwells directions and i only got it to work when the built-in flash on the body was popped up and in use. is this how its suppose to be?

yea that's how it works. i usually put a piece of white paper infront of the popup to diffuse/redirect the light

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
yea that's how it works. i usually put a piece of white paper infront of the popup to diffuse/redirect the light

ohhh ok. ya if that was the case then i would do that too. the built in flash is sooo harsh. thankfully on the D200 you can adjust the power of it like the speedlight.