GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time GTI owner (MK8) Compatibility questions.

AbsorbingDink

I got my new MK8 GTI last week and I want to add some mods obviously but I cant find any mods made for the MK8 there's a few but not many so my question is can I use MK 7.5 mods and such? I want a cold air intake but am weary it wont fit any advice?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I got my new MK8 GTI last week and I want to add some mods obviously but I cant find any mods made for the MK8 there's a few but not many so my question is can I use MK 7.5 mods and such? I want a cold air intake but am weary it wont fit any advice?
Unfortunately, you may have to wait until parts come out. You could try contacting a few shops, they usually get new models for product development. I've seen some putting out videos already

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Welcome to the forum.

The websites at the companies who sell mods will have the mods listed by the model year it fits. I haven't seen any of the very few guys who have a MK8 say anything about parts being compatible so far. Did you look at the MK8 forum?

AbsorbingDink

Unfortunately, you may have to wait until parts come out. You could try contacting a few shops, they usually get new models for product development. I've seen some putting out videos already
Dang major bummer hopefully some good stuff pops up soon I'm excited to get under the hood of this thing. Thanks for the reply anyway though.

AbsorbingDink

Welcome to the forum.

The websites at the companies who sell mods will have the mods listed by the model year it fits. I haven't seen any of the very few guys who have a MK8 say anything about parts being compatible so far. Did you look at the MK8 forum?
I looked didn't see anything unfortunately.

bentin

Autocross Champion
For what it's worth, I did contact IND about painted reflectors and they will do them for around $160 if you contact them. I asked about the R, specifically, but it's the same part number for the GTI, you'll just need to request the color you want.