GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ford releases factory tune w/ warranty for Focus ST

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Damn. Just released. This really changes things. Look at these gains. $1,500. Intake, tuner, catback, plugs + 3 year/36k factory covered under warranty by ford. Huge torque gains, good horsepower numbers..dumps off low in rpm range though. Thoughts?

Fits 2013-2014 Focus ST with 2.0L EcoBoost® I-4 engine
Maximum of 90 lb-ft torque increase at 2800 rpm on 93 octane fuel and 45+ hp
Significant torque increase up to 4200 rpm
Revised sound symposer software and calibration for more natural engine sound
Premium (91 octane or higher) fuel only
All Ford Racing Power Upgrade Packages are 50-States Emissions Legal and eligible for limited warranty when installed by a Ford or Lincoln Dealer

McQueen77

Banned
My thoughts are that is awesome that there is a company that actual cares about their enthusiasts and is listening to the voice of the aftermarket. That is awesome. Why VW doesn't do this is beyond me.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yep, that is pretty awesome they are doing it. Ford has long provided upgrades from the factory through FRPP. Dodge also does this with Mopar, especially with the new Scat Packs they offer. Domestic seems to be the best at factory upgrades.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
DAYUM, YO. FORD JUST DONE BRUNG SHIT TO A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!
At least Ford is actually trying to do something for the aftermarket enthusiast unlike VW. Then you have Mazda which put out MazdaSpeed aftermarket parts, advertised them in the dealership and would install them for you but they would void your warranty.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
If their "race key" tune on the Boss is any indication, Ford's aftermarket tuning is not great.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/black-key-vs-trackey-dyno-comparison-501949/

Track Keys are not meant to give power.... more throttle response and engine braking than anything.

Don't just throw something up without stating all facts. It will severely alter opinions based on non truths.

Look at the graphs... those do not seem terrible to me. What does VW offer similar to this??

NolaGTI

Ready to race!
That's pretty cool. Not sure we are likely to see anything like this from VW, and if they did not at that price point.

Cbax38

Ready to race!
This is cool, but as someone who recently came frim a mustang to a gti, lets not go over board and talk about how great ford is and how much they care about enthusiasts. Ford was not very mod friendly and they dont take care of you with software updates etc.. This could be typical overpriced factory branded stuff with inflated advertised dyno results.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ INDEED. I hear their warranty work is usually tough dealings. Also, is this $1500 price, parts only?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Vw please do this, or ford will have a new customer.

But then again i have a mod friendly dealer in my area, so tuning wont be a problem in my situation, considering my ecu is still naked (stage 0) when i got the car 1 year 10 months :laugh:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
VW won't do this. I don't think they market their cars the way Ford or Dodge does. Ford and Dodge have a strong racing heritage(along with Chevy), so they feel the need to cater to the enthusiasts. VW at this point I think is happy moreso with just volume of sales than anything else. They are happy keeping an all around nice car that can be worked aftermarket with no support and if you want more pop, fork over a few more thousands for the R.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
VW will offer the "performance pack" or whatever, but it sounds like 10hp, no addtl torque, and then the R brakes, so maybe they are getting closer, lol.